It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to add several licenses to one account with repotools?

Markus Holzinger (51175) | asked Feb 06 '12, 11:42 a.m.
retagged Mar 29 '19, 5:35 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)

Repotools' help (3.0.1.x) told me that it should be possible to assign several licenses to one user account.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.jazz.install.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_repotools_importusers.html
--> "The format of the file is a comma separated list of userid, name, e-mail address, license id(s), and role name(s)."

But if I perform this command
>> repotools-jts -importUsers fromFile=users.csv repositoryURL=... adminUserId=... adminPassword=...
with users.csv
>> UserId, User Name, E-Mail Address, com.ibm.team.rtc.buildsystem
repotools overwrites the existing User data with the new license and removed the established one.

Okay, never mind I will add both, the new and the still existing one:
>> UserId, User Name, E-Mail Address, com.ibm.team.rtc.buildsystem, com.ibm.rqm.tester.floating
Now repotools interprets the last value as a Jazz group and presents an error message.

If I leave the last comma
>> UserId, User Name, E-Mail Address, com.ibm.team.rtc.buildsystem com.ibm.rqm.tester.floating
repotools pointed out that the license type "com.ibm.team.rtc.buildsystem com.ibm.rqm.tester.floating" is unknown.

I also tried many other variants to embrace the license types, for example:
>> UserId, User Name, E-mail Adress, ['{"com.ibm.team.rtc.buildsystem, com.ibm.rqm.tester.floating"}')
No, not at same time :) but I have not success.

I can't do this via GUI because this task has to be automated for an Enterprise solution with thousands of users.

Is anybody out there who can help?

Thanks, Markus

(P.S. Or did anybody know how to add licenses via REST API?)

2 answers

permanent link
Markus Holzinger (51175) | answered Feb 07 '12, 6:21 a.m.
I get it!
You have to use square brackets "[]" to combine values and separate among themselves by semicolon ";".
>> UserId, User Name, E-mail Adress,

permanent link
Victor L (112) | answered Mar 27 '19, 6:17 a.m.
edited Mar 27 '19, 6:17 a.m.

Thanks, it worked for me.

I just want to add that you have to quote all the parameter to get it working.
repotools-jts.bat -createUser userid=jdoe licenseId="[com.ibm.team.rtc.buildsystem;com.ibm.rqm.tester.floating]"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.