It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Link from RTC to RQM

Li Chen (11923742) | asked Feb 01 '12, 12:39 p.m.
Currently links from RTC to RQM are supported in RTC task level and RQM test case level. It works in such a way that for each RQM test case a link needs to be configured.

It is difficult for us to do that as we have more than a thousand test cases and therefore a thousand links to be maintained. Each time a test case is added/deleted, we need to go to RTC to modify the link.

Can the following things be done now or for future enhancements?

1. RTC link from an RTC task to an RQM test plan, test suite or a group of TERs? (currently we make use of Related Artifacts Links but we need to find the URLs manually)
2. Link back from RQM test case/plan/suite/etc to RTC task?

2 answers

permanent link
Timur Markunin (6495166146) | answered Mar 06 '12, 9:08 a.m.
+1. I'm also interested in this scenario.

Currently links from RTC to RQM are supported in RTC task level and RQM test case level. It works in such a way that for each RQM test case a link needs to be configured.

It is difficult for us to do that as we have more than a thousand test cases and therefore a thousand links to be maintained. Each time a test case is added/deleted, we need to go to RTC to modify the link.

Can the following things be done now or for future enhancements?

1. RTC link from an RTC task to an RQM test plan, test suite or a group of TERs? (currently we make use of Related Artifacts Links but we need to find the URLs manually)
2. Link back from RQM test case/plan/suite/etc to RTC task?

permanent link
Canberk Akduygu (99237371) | answered Mar 06 '12, 10:45 a.m.
I believe the main reason of RTC-RQM linking is to track defects coming from the Test Execution Records.

According to my opinion there's no need to link a Test Plan or Case to a RTC task. Considering that Test Plan and Test Case are high level artifacts, a task linkage would not be enough for you. May be Test Executions might be linked to a task and that would show the total effort that a test engineer spent on the execution.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.