It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why am I unable to load duplicate folders in RTC?

Abe Roba (1012031) | asked Nov 26 '13, 10:53 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 1:10 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
 I am unable to load duplicate folders into my sandbox in RTC

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented Nov 27 '13, 1:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you mean by "duplicate folders"?   What is the result you want to appear in your loaded sandbox?

Abe Roba commented Nov 27 '13, 2:21 a.m.

I have a component with multiple parent folders that have duplicate subfolder names with different set of files, but unable to load to local sandbox from stream.  Example is component1 with folderA and folderB.  FolderA has subfolder12 and folderB has a subfolder12.  The contents of subfolder12 under each parent folder are different.  In this scenario I am not able to load them into my sandbox and I want to be able to load into my sandbox as it is in the stream.  I checked into the stream initially but another team member is not able to load it.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 27 '13, 2:41 a.m.

You might want to elaborate on what happens.

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Nov 27 '13, 10:36 a.m.
If you are using the RTC Eclipse plug-in to do the loading, then use the "Browse the components to select the folders to be loaded" load option.  The next page of the wizard has check boxes indicating which folders you want to load.  By default, the immediate child directories of the component are selected.  Check the component root directory itself, which will then load the component root directory as the root of the loaded tree.  This should eliminate any folder name conflicts (as long as your components have unique names).   If you are using one of the other RTC clients to do the loading, the details of the load operation differ, but the concept is the same.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.