It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC BUG!! Cannot set timespent, or see any plan

Etienne Laverdiere (2666) | asked Mar 19 '12, 8:36 a.m.
Hello,

we have been using RTC planning tool for Scrum for some weeks now, and we just had a MAJOR issue. We cannot access any plan, nor set the time remaining of the Estimate/correction for any task. This is becoming to be a major issue, we are a team of 40, and we regret our old excel file.

This is the error we have in the Fat Client Eclipse when we try to access a plan:

- the backlog iteration '/development/1.0/backlog' for the timeline 'development' could not be resolved.

What is the reason of the message? Did we need to create an iteration "/development/1.0/backlog"? Where can we do that?

Thanks for all response.

5 answers

permanent link
Eric Jodet (6.3k5111120) | answered Mar 19 '12, 9:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
as problem is permanent and blocker for your,
please open a work item:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.newWorkItem

or a PMR - https://jazz.net/community/support/#pmr-differ-work-item
Thanks.
Eric.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 19 '12, 9:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

I would suggest to get in contact with support.

The message indicates that during accessing the plan a special marked iteration in the timeline the plan is looking at can not be resolved. Please review the timelines of the project. Maybe someone has deleted it? The backlog iteration is set in the planning section of the project configuration. Some basics on how all that relate https://jazz.net/library/article/589. It does not mention the backlog iteration, but is still valid from a general perspective.

You should still be able to set the time spent/time remaining in work items.

permanent link
Etienne Laverdiere (2666) | answered Mar 19 '12, 11:34 a.m.
Hello, I correct the situation. Yes the 1.0/backlog was deleted. It is strange that RTC cannot fix itself for that. I resolve the issue by re-creating the backlog item. Thanks for helping.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 19 '12, 11:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I think your expectations are too high. In my experience it is impossible to protect an application against dangerous changes, especially from users with a lot of permissions. The message was also clear enough to figure out what the problem could be, I think. I assume you could have fixed it too by removing the setting for the backlog iteration in planning.

You should consider to remove permissions to delete and archive from the roles. Create a role that has the permissions and add it to you as an admin when you really want to do something like that. Be careful with whom to give JazzAdmin and Jazz Project Admin, too and tell them to use the special role in case they need to delete vital project/process information.

permanent link
Etienne Laverdiere (2666) | answered Mar 22 '12, 9:55 a.m.
Thanks for the advice.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.