It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to change Active User Password

Joseph Simon Arokiaraj (21414845) | asked Feb 01 '12, 6:51 a.m.
Hi All,

We dont have LDAP in our setup. I am having the JAZZ Admin privileges, but unable to change the password for the users.

Change Paswword is greyed out and it only enabled to my account.

Could you guys please update me how to change the password for other users?

Cheers,
Jose

5 answers

permanent link
V Niranjan (12545374) | answered Feb 06 '12, 1:47 a.m.
Hi All,

We dont have LDAP in our setup. I am having the JAZZ Admin privileges, but unable to change the password for the users.

Cheers,
Jose

Hi Jose

I am assuming it is Tomcat appserver which you are using . Once the user logs in thru web to either RM/RTC/RQM he can go to the Option View my profile and licenses under his ID on the top right and change his password. The button will be enabled for the user.

Regards
V.Niranjan

permanent link
Lee Johnson (4184) | answered Feb 06 '12, 4:38 p.m.
Hi All,

Cheers,
Jose

Hi Jose

I am assuming it is Tomcat appserver which you are using . Once the user logs in thru web to either RM/RTC/RQM he can go to the Option View my profile and licenses under his ID on the top right and change his password. The button will be enabled for the user.

Regards
V.Niranjan

I believe that the problem is still relevant since the user cannot login to see the options..

permanent link
Lee Johnson (4184) | answered Feb 06 '12, 4:41 p.m.
Hi All,

Cheers,
Jose

Hi Jose

Regards
V.Niranjan

I believe that the problem is still relevant since the user cannot login to see

Does the response to the original question even make any sense?
IF I had lost my password, and nobody can change my password, how can I login to change my password when I cannot login in the first place? Really? Seriously???

the options..

permanent link
Diederick van der Snoek (6) | answered Feb 20 '12, 5:49 a.m.
I just hit the same issue, and seeing this topic I hoped that I could find the resolution. Alas, not yet present.
Our environment: RTC 3.0.1.1 using the Tomcat authentication and a user who has forgotten the password; as the Admin does not have the possibility to reset we are stuck.
Also trying to remove the user seems impossible (this may be due to not enough knowledge...).

Diederick

permanent link
David Van Herzele (10121) | answered Feb 20 '12, 7:28 a.m.
This is a work around I used but it's been a while so use at your own risk.

If you have access to the JTS installation directory;
/server/tomcat/conf/tomcat-users.xml contains the encrypted passwords for each user. Copying over the encrypted password for my user (which I know obviously) to the 'blocked' user made it possible for me to login with my password on that user and change his/her password back through the WebUI.

Hope this helps you out!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.