It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem running load

qiu saphen (27126039) | asked Apr 15 '11, 3:01 a.m.
Hi,
I load a component to local machine and then delete it, when I load it again it has a problem like this:

Problem running 'load':
Must load in sandbox root (/home/test/aaa). To load into a descendent specify the path with target. Try 'scm help load' for more information.

It's very strange that after I delete .jazz5 folder it can load again, why do I need to delete the .jazz5 folder but a command to release the control lock?

3 answers

permanent link
Christophe Cornu (47123) | answered Apr 16 '11, 5:04 p.m.
Hi:

Which version of the RTC Source Control Command Line are you using? 2.0.0.2, 3.0.0, 3.0.1 beta3?

How did you delete the component? If you just erased its folder (rm command) on your local drive, I suspect the metadata stored in the .jazz5 folder still treats it as loaded.

Starting in 3.0.1 M14 (so, included in beta 3) you can do the following. But, please give us answers to the questions so we can think of the most appropriate advice.

You can now unload a workspace. Use the --delete flag if you also wish to delete the disconnected content from the local disk. Example below loads a workspace then unloads (and deletes the local content).

scm load -d c:\sandbox "My Workspace"@ella
Downloading /com.ibm.team.demo/.classpath (299 B)
Downloading /com.ibm.team.demo/.project (393 B)
Downloading /com.ibm.team.demo/.settings/org.eclipse.jdt.core.prefs (629 B)
Downloading /com.ibm.team.demo/src/test.txt (0 B)

scm workspace unload --delete -d c:\sandbox "My Workspace"@ella
Unload operation completed successfully.

thanks,
Christophe Cornu
SCM Client Lead

permanent link
qiu saphen (27126039) | answered Apr 18 '11, 4:11 a.m.
The scm tool version is "version 2.1.0.v20110308_0258", RTC version is 3.0.0, I used rm command.

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.3k27) | answered Apr 19 '11, 6:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
As Chris mentioned, the folder is still considered to be tracked by RTC and in 3.0 you need to delete the .jazz5 folder so that you can load to the same folder again.

The scm tool version is "version 2.1.0.v20110308_0258", RTC version is 3.0.0, I used rm command.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.