It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SQL Server and RTC authentication

Bryan Miller - Integration Developer (4493531) | asked Jan 26 '12, 12:19 p.m.
Hello all,

I am attempting to setup RTC with SQL Server 2008. I used the SQL Server command

create login clmdbowner with password secret;

for use with all my CLM databases (jts, clm. etc). Now, in the setup, when I attempt to connect to the jts database via JDBC I am unable to authenticate.

//localhost:1433;databaseName=jts;user=clmdbowner;password={password}

Since the instructions say to use "create login" and not "create login with Windows" the user account is a SQL Server account and not a Windows account. Not sure that matters.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there a way to test from the command line with JDBC?

Cheers

Comments
Eduardo Bello commented Sep 27 '13, 10:34 p.m.

I'm having a similar problem. Well, I think my case is a little bit more complicated.

The company police is to not create MS Sql accounts, only use Windows accounts (authenticated by another Active Directory server).

Is it possible to configure JTS/RTC to connect database using a windows authentication? 

Bryan Miller - Integration Developer commented Sep 27 '13, 11:06 p.m.

Yes it is.  During setup you will be prompted for the database use credentials and you can specify the windows authentication creds then.

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 26 '12, 1:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello all,

I am attempting to setup RTC with SQL Server 2008. I used the SQL Server command

for use with all my CLM databases (jts, clm. etc). Now, in the setup, when I attempt to connect to the jts database via JDBC I am unable to authenticate.

Since the instructions say to use "create login" and not "create login with Windows" the user account is a SQL Server account and not a Windows account. Not sure that matters.

Has anyone else seen this issue? Is there a way to test from the command line with JDBC?

Cheers

Hi

Check if there is anything about using Windows authentication on SQLSever - it might be set up to expect a Windows login.

anthony

permanent link
Bryan Miller - Integration Developer (4493531) | answered Jan 26 '12, 1:57 p.m.
Hello all,

Cheers

Hi

Check if there is anything about using Windows authentication on SQLSever - it might be set up to expect a Windows login.

anthony

Much obliged Anthony!

That was, indeed, the root cause. I had forgotten about that once SQL Server was installed and configured. I changed the setting to mixed mode and I am now able to login.

I'll open an RFE to add that to the documentation.

Update: It does appear in the documentation and it is in my install notes has having been ticked. Unsure what happened but all's well that ends well!

Cheers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Jan 26 '12, 6:02 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Much obliged Anthony!

That was, indeed, the root cause. I had forgotten about that once SQL Server was installed and configured. I changed the setting to mixed mode and I am now able to login.

I'll open an RFE to add that to the documentation.

Update: It does appear in the documentation and it is in my install notes has having been ticked. Unsure what happened but all's well that ends well!

Cheers

Sometimes I have a lucky guess :-)

Glad you have this working now.

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.