It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SVN import process question

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Feb 09 '11, 1:54 p.m.
I was following the online help to import a svn repository from a dump file. 1) I imported the whole trunk. All the revisions
2) Setup a workspace (no flow target) and selected the a component baseline from step 1.
3) Then imported the first branch which starts at revision 12.

The question is, if I add the flow target to the stream then RTC wants to merge the other baselines into my workspace. I figured the baseline from the branch needs to be delivered to the stream at some point. RTC won't let me to not accept the incoming baselines. The code also won't auto-resolve cause of conflicts. The developers for this product are no longer with the company so I really don't want to edit if I can help it. Besides if I edit the code won't that make it different from what was in svn?

Should I only import the trunk revisions up to the branch point? Then import the branch and deliver it to the stream. Once the branch is delivered then import the rest or another block of revisions from the trunk?

Thanks for any help!
jeff (RTC newbie)

2 answers

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered Feb 09 '11, 2:25 p.m.
Or should I just import each branch into its own component? I haven't even begun to try to import the tags yet, so I have no idea how that will go.

permanent link
Michael Valenta (3.7k3) | answered Feb 10 '11, 9:09 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
It's not clear to me what you are trying to accomplish. Typically, when you import a branch, you will create a separate stream just for that branch. Thus, if you imported trunk and 3 branches, you would create 4 streams, one for trunk and one for each branch. Once you have imported all desired branches and created the corresponding streams, developers may then need to merge changes from one stream to another but that should be a separate issue from the initial import.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.