It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Retrieve RRC Reviews via Java API

Megan Katysovas (7665) | asked Jan 23 '12, 2:59 p.m.
I am attempting to retrieve all the reviews in the repository using the Java Sample code.

I have been able to successfully retrieve requirements using something similar to:

ArtifactQueryService newService = new ArtifactQueryService();
List<String>artifactTypes = new ArrayList<String>();
artifactTypes.add("application/x-com.ibm.rdm.requirement+xml");
newService.setArtifactTypes(artifactTypes);
newService.setServerInfo(baseconnection.getRrcrepoURL(),baseconnection.getRrcuserId(),baseconnection.getRrcpassword());
newService.execute();

I've tried to access the reviews by adding the artifact type "application/x-com.ibm.rdm.ba.review+xml". However, have been unsuccessful.

I found the artifact types from here: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rpcmpose/v2r0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.rational.rrc.help.doc/topics/r_report_datasources.html.

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Comments
Ankit Jain commented Sep 07 '12, 1:45 a.m. | edited Sep 07 '12, 1:47 a.m.

Hi,

Can you please provide me a sample code how can I iterate though or get the requirement documents after I have added into the "artifactTypes" and executing the service.

8 answers

permanent link
Megan Katysovas (7665) | answered Jan 23 '12, 5:00 p.m.
FYI. Here's the type that works:

artifactTypes.add("x-com.ibm.rdm.review/rdf+xml");

permanent link
Sean Evoy (11) | answered Feb 09 '12, 11:54 a.m.
Is this code working for you in RRC 2.0.0.4? I don't seem to be able to retrieve the requirements using your code snippet.

permanent link
Megan Katysovas (7665) | answered Feb 09 '12, 12:47 p.m.
This works for me in RRC 2.0.0.2

permanent link
Sean Evoy (11) | answered Feb 09 '12, 1:51 p.m.
Interesting. I tried your snippet and it did return a result set. Maybe I had a typo in the artifact type descriptor.

It is always returning 100 results, despite the fact that my project has ~200 requirements. Is that the behaviour you are seeing?

permanent link
Harsh Raj (6) | answered Feb 14 '12, 11:33 a.m.
Hi guys ! Can anyone give a sample code to fetch all the requirements from RRC pertaining to a project ? Plz post the sample code with headers and libraries to be included as well.I am looking to develop a plugin in C#/java.

Plz help as this is URGENT.

permanent link
Megan Katysovas (7665) | answered Feb 14 '12, 12:54 p.m.
Interesting. I tried your snippet and it did return a result set. Maybe I had a typo in the artifact type descriptor.

It is always returning 100 results, despite the fact that my project has ~200 requirements. Is that the behaviour you are seeing?

I'm able to retrieve all the artifact URls, using the Requirement artifact type:

artifactTypes.add("application/x-com.ibm.rdm.requirement+xml");

Once we have the list of artifactUrls, we grab the artifact info for each requirement.

permanent link
Ankit Jain (21137) | answered Sep 04 '12, 6:21 a.m.
Hi All,

Anyone please attach sample code of How to connect to RRC server and then fetch artifacts for Use-case diagrams.

Please help as this is urgent for me. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ankit

permanent link
Mustafa Askin (108713) | answered Apr 14 '14, 10:37 a.m.
Is there any API documentation for RRC 4.0.6

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.