It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Identify requirements that do not in a collection

Long Li (323) | asked Jan 19 '12, 9:51 p.m.
Hi

In RRC 3.0.1, is there a way to show all the requirements of one type (e.g. System Requirements) that do not belong to any Collection?

Thanks in advance!

Long

3 answers

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jan 20 '12, 2:58 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Long,

If I understand your request correctly, I believe the answer is 'no'.
That said, here is something you can do that might help somewhat.

First, create a Saved Filter that filters based on the requirement type you are interested in. Then from within the collection you want to add such artifacts, use the Add Artifact button. In the subsequent dialog, you can use your Saved Filter to retrieve the list of requirements matching the type. All the matching requirements that are already in your collection will be greyed out while any requirements not currently in the collection can be selected and added.

Again, this won't help if you're looking for requirements that are not in any of n number of collections, but maybe this is still of some value.

permanent link
Stef van Dijk (2.0k179) | answered Jan 20 '12, 3:59 p.m.
As a follow up, I noticed a couple of things I hadn't previously and we were closer to actually being able to do this than I thought.

When you view (or edit) an artifact, there is a section in the sidebar that will tell you if the artifact is in a collection. This is "labeled" as the "In Collection" link type. So I rushed back over to my Saved Filter and looked under Filter by Attribute -> Linked artifacts. Unfortunately "In Collection" is not a link type you can choose from. I am looking into why there is this discrepancy.

I've been told that "In Collection" is technically not a link type (something more custom computed), so it may not be possible to make it part of the Saved Filters, but I want to look into this nonetheless.

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Jan 21 '12, 8:24 a.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.