It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Search for multiple values for an attribute in an artifact in RRC web application

Meena Santhanagopalan (611) | asked Jun 21 '14, 7:21 a.m.
Hi

How can I search for an artifact with an attribute that can hold multiple values ?
E.g Artifact type - Business Requirement, Attribute name - req number
I want to search for all the artifacts of type Business Requirement that can have an attribute value as A, B or C.

Currently when I use the Filter by Attribute feature of RRC, I can only search for one specific value for the attribute 'req number'. e.g. 'req number' contains 'A'.
I want to provide multiple search values for 'req number'. How can I do this ?

Is search using wild card characters possible here ?

I am using version 4.0.6

Thanks
Meena

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k614) | answered Jun 22 '14, 8:50 p.m.
I suppose you are talking about an attribute that has an enumeration value. In this case, check "Filter by Attribute > More attributes". After you select the said attribute, you can select multiple enumeration values for the filter. So it looks like below image.

Comments
Meena Santhanagopalan commented Jun 23 '14, 2:31 a.m.

Thanks for your note. However I am not referring to an enumerated list of values that my example attribute (req number) can hold.

The attribute in my example here, i.e. req number can hold any string value which is input by the user. Could be A, B, C,or Z2, X1. Any string value.

This list of values can grow everyday.

In such a situation , when I search using the More attributes feature and select the attribute 'req number' - I am not allowed to type more than one value for the 'req number' because the attribute filters (contains, does not contain, starts with, ends with, exists, does not exist)  can hold just one single value.

Is there a way to search for:

req number contains <A OR Z2 OR C> ?

I want to search for multiple string values in this search as described.

Apologies,I am a new user of RRC web application, so my knowledge is limited.

Thanks

Meena

Donald Nong commented Jun 24 '14, 7:58 p.m.

I'm not aware that you can use an "OR" relationship in the filter. You may try with using tags as an alternative. But if the participating values contain white space, it may not work well since tags do not allow white space in them.

long TRUONG commented Jul 07 '14, 11:06 p.m.

Some attribute, such as Modified By, has the option of "is any of" & "is not any of" for an OR relationship; but (more attributes) Req number (Req ID ?) is not one of them.

Maybe in the future any search/filter string could be a regular expression ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.