It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Install build toolkit on i5/OS

Rice Well (30622723) | asked Jan 09 '12, 2:27 a.m.
Hi,

I have a question about following thing.

Is build toolkit able to be installed on i5/OS without JTS being installed?

I had a look at following document.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_rtcp_install_build_toolkit_lp.html

There is a following step in the document.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.Create these save files. When you are installing the Jazz Team Server, use these commands:
CRTSAVF FILE(RTC_TMP/BJTS301) TEXT('RTC INSTALL PRODUCT *BASE')
CRTSAVF FILE(RTC_TMP/KJTS301) TEXT('RTC INSTALL PRODUCT Build System Toolkit and Rational Build Agent')
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does the mean JTS must have been installed before build toolkit is installed?
Or can I install build toolkit on i5/OS without without installing JTS?

2 answers

permanent link
Kevin Doyle (60425) | answered Jan 09 '12, 1:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Rice,

This is a mistake in the docs, which I'm looking at getting corrected. It should say:

3.Create these save files. When you are installing the Build System Toolkit, use these commands:
CRTSAVF FILE(RTC_TMP/KJTS301) TEXT('RTC INSTALL PRODUCT Build System Toolkit and Rational Build Agent')

The commands it says to run are correct for just the Build System Toolkit. The JTS does not have to be installed.

Hi,

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/t_rtcp_install_build_toolkit_lp.html

3.Create these save files. When you are installing the Jazz Team Server, use these commands:

permanent link
Rice Well (30622723) | answered Jan 10 '12, 3:04 a.m.
Hi Rice,

This is a mistake in the docs, which I'm looking at getting corrected. It should say:

3.Create these save files. When you are installing the Build System Toolkit, use these commands:

The commands it says to run are correct for just the Build System Toolkit. The JTS does not have to be installed.

Hi,

Thank you very much for your answer :)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.