It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0 Change required fileds in a workitem

Lucas Gratz (2124) | asked Dec 20 '11, 1:46 p.m.
Hello,

Im not sure if that is possible, but what i would like to do is to prevent the user from closing an Action if a certain field is not filled. Any ideas how to do this?

Im using RTC 2.0

Thanks

5 answers

permanent link
Fausto Lemos (16811518) | answered Dec 21 '11, 3:05 p.m.
Hmm.. in this case you need a script based condition

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#ScriptBasedNotes

Go to "Condition" section.

At your javascript you can see the state of your WI and make a simple logic that does not check only feeling..

Another option is an advisor (using Java API)!

[]'s
Fausto

Hi fausto, tnx for the reply.

I've found this option in 2.0 too, its very nice!

But for what i wanted to do it doesnt work because i would like the resources to only be able to close their Actions if the "ETC" field is equal to zero.

I couldnt find a pre-condition that satisfied that, maybe if i was able to add a pre-condition i could solve that.

Do you know if thats possible?

Tnx a lot!

Hi Lucas,

i'm using RTC 3.0.1 and this option is avaiable at:

Process Configuration ->Team Configuration -> Operation Behavior

Then select operation Work Item Save (server), choose for wich role you want to configure a pre-condition (in your case i think its everyone) and add "required attribute pre-condition. You can configure wich fields are required at certain state. It is very flexible!

Take a look at your RTC 2.0 and see if this option exists.

[]'s
Fausto

Hello,

Im not sure if that is possible, but what i would like to do is to prevent the user from closing an Action if a certain field is not filled. Any ideas how to do this?

Im using RTC 2.0

Thanks

permanent link
Fausto Lemos (16811518) | answered Dec 21 '11, 3:08 p.m.
A script based validation can be used too...

Hmm.. in this case you need a script based condition

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#ScriptBasedNotes

Go to "Condition" section.

At your javascript you can see the state of your WI and make a simple logic that does not check only feeling..

Another option is an advisor (using Java API)!

[]'s
Fausto

But for what i wanted to do it doesnt work because i would like the resources to only be able to close their Actions if the "ETC" field is equal to zero.

I couldnt find a pre-condition that satisfied that, maybe if i was able to add a pre-condition i could solve that.

Tnx a lot!

Hi Lucas,

Then select operation Work Item Save (server), choose for wich role you want to configure a pre-condition (in your case i think its everyone) and add "required attribute pre-condition. You can configure wich fields are required at certain state. It is very flexible!

[]'s
Fausto

Hello,

Im using RTC 2.0

Thanks

permanent link
Fausto Lemos (16811518) | answered Dec 21 '11, 10:23 a.m.
Hi Lucas,

[]'s
Fausto

Hello,

Im using RTC 2.0

Thanks

permanent link
Lucas Gratz (2124) | answered Dec 21 '11, 12:54 p.m.

Tnx a lot!

Hi Lucas,

[]'s
Fausto

Hello,

Im using RTC 2.0

Thanks

permanent link
Lucas Gratz (2124) | answered Dec 22 '11, 12:24 p.m.
Great info, i will try to create a custom condition.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.