It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 2.0 Change required fileds in a workitem

Lucas Gratz (2124) | asked Dec 20 '11, 1:46 p.m.
Hello,

Im not sure if that is possible, but what i would like to do is to prevent the user from closing an Action if a certain field is not filled. Any ideas how to do this?

Im using RTC 2.0

Thanks

5 answers

permanent link
Fausto Lemos (16811518) | answered Dec 21 '11, 3:05 p.m.
Hmm.. in this case you need a script based condition

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#ScriptBasedNotes

Go to "Condition" section.

At your javascript you can see the state of your WI and make a simple logic that does not check only feeling..

Another option is an advisor (using Java API)!

[]'s
Fausto

Hi fausto, tnx for the reply.

I've found this option in 2.0 too, its very nice!

But for what i wanted to do it doesnt work because i would like the resources to only be able to close their Actions if the "ETC" field is equal to zero.

I couldnt find a pre-condition that satisfied that, maybe if i was able to add a pre-condition i could solve that.

Do you know if thats possible?

Tnx a lot!

Hi Lucas,

i'm using RTC 3.0.1 and this option is avaiable at:

Process Configuration ->Team Configuration -> Operation Behavior

Then select operation Work Item Save (server), choose for wich role you want to configure a pre-condition (in your case i think its everyone) and add "required attribute pre-condition. You can configure wich fields are required at certain state. It is very flexible!

Take a look at your RTC 2.0 and see if this option exists.

[]'s
Fausto

Hello,

Im not sure if that is possible, but what i would like to do is to prevent the user from closing an Action if a certain field is not filled. Any ideas how to do this?

Im using RTC 2.0

Thanks

permanent link
Fausto Lemos (16811518) | answered Dec 21 '11, 3:08 p.m.
A script based validation can be used too...

Hmm.. in this case you need a script based condition

https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization#ScriptBasedNotes

Go to "Condition" section.

At your javascript you can see the state of your WI and make a simple logic that does not check only feeling..

Another option is an advisor (using Java API)!

[]'s
Fausto

But for what i wanted to do it doesnt work because i would like the resources to only be able to close their Actions if the "ETC" field is equal to zero.

I couldnt find a pre-condition that satisfied that, maybe if i was able to add a pre-condition i could solve that.

Tnx a lot!

Hi Lucas,

Then select operation Work Item Save (server), choose for wich role you want to configure a pre-condition (in your case i think its everyone) and add "required attribute pre-condition. You can configure wich fields are required at certain state. It is very flexible!

[]'s
Fausto

Hello,

Im using RTC 2.0

Thanks

permanent link
Fausto Lemos (16811518) | answered Dec 21 '11, 10:23 a.m.
Hi Lucas,

[]'s
Fausto

Hello,

Im using RTC 2.0

Thanks

permanent link
Lucas Gratz (2124) | answered Dec 21 '11, 12:54 p.m.

Tnx a lot!

Hi Lucas,

[]'s
Fausto

Hello,

Im using RTC 2.0

Thanks

permanent link
Lucas Gratz (2124) | answered Dec 22 '11, 12:24 p.m.
Great info, i will try to create a custom condition.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.