It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Permission denied if trying to delete a workitem

Daniel Stefan Haischt (21412322) | asked Dec 09 '11, 1:16 p.m.
Hi,

RTC version 3 provides a red cross icon if using the web UI to actually delete a workitem (AFAIK in version 2 this was not possible).

If I try to delete a workitem by clicking that button I am actually getting a popup dialog telling me that I ran into a permission denied error.

I installed the RTC server instance and do have both every admin role and every necessary client access license to work with the workitem editor. I am as well part of the project area (i.e. I am both a member and admin of the project area that contains the workitem that I wanted to delete).

From the logs I wasn't really able to spot any specific exceptions that would have been indicating what's going wrong here.

Is there anybody able to shed some light on what could be wrong? Thanks!

Cheers
Daniel

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Dec 09 '11, 1:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_deleting_work_items.html

You didn't mention giving yourself permission in the project area to delete work items. You'll need that as well as the admin role and client access license.
Daniel Stefan Haischt selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Daniel Stefan Haischt (21412322) | answered Dec 09 '11, 2:21 p.m.
Hi Tim,

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/topic/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_deleting_work_items.html

You didn't mention giving yourself permission in the project area to delete work items. You'll need that as well as the admin role and client access license.

Thanks that did the trick!

Cheers
Daniel

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.