It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Search queries

iRAM Administrator (3152156135) | asked Dec 07 '11, 12:05 p.m.
I have 2 queries regarding RAM search :
1) I would like to restrict the results to assets with a SUBMIT DATE within a range. Advanced search allows me to do this for MODIFIED DATE, but not apparently for SUBMIT DATE.
Is there any way to search assets using SUBMIT DATE?
2) Also is there any way by which we can export the search results in an excel?

Thanks in advance......Payal.

3 answers

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered Dec 08 '11, 4:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RAM 7.5.1 there's a submit date option in the advanced search. In earlier versions of RAM, you can use the following syntax.
_submitDate_:( )
The above example searches for assets submitted between December 1st and December 8th.

There's no built in feature to export search results to excel. You could use one of the RAM APIs and write your own exporter.

permanent link
iRAM Administrator (3152156135) | answered Dec 14 '11, 9:11 a.m.
Thanks Sheehan for your response. Can we form similar queries for other asset fields as well? Are there any help links which can guide on how to form such queries?

permanent link
Sheehan Anderson (1.2k4) | answered Dec 15 '11, 6:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The help page for search syntax can be found here.
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ramhelp/v7r5m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.ram.doc%2Ftopics%2Fr_search_syntax.html

You can explore additional fields by using the advanced search option and looking at the syntax which is generated.

Some fields (like submit date) were undocumented in earlier versions of RAM. IF you have a specific attribute that you would like to search on which is not available post it here and we can let you know if it's possible or if it's something we can add in a future release.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.