It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Who is using RRC 3.0.1?

Sameer Raval (2621) | asked Nov 28 '11, 4:34 p.m.
Wondering who else out there is using RRC 3.0.1? Trying to get an idea of who is using this application, and how you are using it. RRC 3.0.1 offers a lot of features, so I'm trying to gauge what the user population for RRC 3.0.1 is and what features within the application are being utilized...Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide assistance!

One answer

permanent link
Jared Pulham (32113) | answered Dec 01 '11, 10:17 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Wondering who else out there is using RRC 3.0.1? Trying to get an idea of who is using this application, and how you are using it. RRC 3.0.1 offers a lot of features, so I'm trying to gauge what the user population for RRC 3.0.1 is and what features within the application are being utilized...Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide assistance!

The Rational Requirements Composer community continues to grow. We know from 2011 surveys that we now have a global customer community numbering into the many hundreds with tens of thousands of active users worldwide. Most of the Requirements Composer community is using some version of RRC 3.x and RRC V2.x. Weve recently seen a very healthy trend of customers working to transition from V2 to V3 and we expect that trend to continue into 2012 capitalizing on the extensive capability delivered in RRC 3.0.1.

As youll see here through jazz.net we use RRC for our own development from the planning, to business requirements, use cases, scenarios and through to UI design and development. Weve focused on the collaborative features to help our team stay in sync with development, communication, and reporting to know the status from milestone to milestone. We even move beyond the typical development process with requirements, models and design to use RRC to help document meetings and team decisions that impact the development for a feature or capability.

I of course encourage others to respond here if they feel so inclined. I would also encourage you continue to explore the RRC forum in more detail and see first hand what others are trying to do with RRC. Your question here is more of an outside in request where many of the forum questions raised here are inside out.

If you would like to see some of the more public examples then I would also encourage you to plan to support and attend IBM Rationals Innovate in 2012 (many worldwide locations) where Requirements Composer users present some of their latest achievements and examples of how they are using RRC in practice and development.

http://www-01.ibm.com/software/rational/innovate/

-------------------------------------
Jared Pulham
RRC Product Manager

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.