It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Access control Matrix

VK L (8177157159) | asked Nov 25 '11, 7:50 a.m.
Hi All,
Is there an access privilege matrix for RRC which defines the role required to perform a particular operation. For Eg: the kind of access required to Manage templates, project areas etc.

Thanks.

5 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 25 '11, 10:58 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,
Is there an access privilege matrix for RRC which defines the role required to perform a particular operation. For Eg: the kind of access required to Manage templates, project areas etc.

Thanks.

In the server project area for an RRC project, you will see a number of tabs

Overview, Timelines, Roles, Permissions, Iteration Types, Access Control and Process Description

The permissions tab (Project Configuration) shows in a tree the permissions for each role - Everybody, Administrator, Author, Commenter, Project snapshot Administrator

If you look under the Administrator role they have the "process" ability to "save a project area". The jazz repository role "JazzAdmin" will always have access to the project area.

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered Nov 25 '11, 2:56 p.m.
Hi All,

Thanks.

Overview, Timelines, Roles, Permissions, Iteration Types, Access Control and Process Description

The permissions tab (Project Configuration) shows in a tree the permissions for each role - Everybody, Administrator, Author, Commenter, Project snapshot Administrator

If you look under the Administrator role they have the "process" ability to "save a project area". The jazz repository role "JazzAdmin" will always have access to the project area.

Could you please elaborate on the RRS Process template as such . I couldnt find any online guidance on it.

Thanks.

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 25 '11, 7:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,

Thanks.

Could you please elaborate on the RRS Process template as such . I couldnt find any online guidance on it.

Thanks.

The RRS Process Template is a template used by all RRC projects, created in the web application, and does not support process modification like RTC.

If modification and creation of project artifacts (project properties), attributes and links are needed this is done in the RRC admin web menu.

What do you want to do with the RRS Process template?

permanent link
VK L (8177157159) | answered Nov 26 '11, 9:13 a.m.
I would like to understand the different components provided as a part of the RRS Process Template - i understand the roles and permissions part of it. But i saw something related to dashboards when i exported the template. Could you please provide more light on this?

Hi All,

Thanks.

Thanks.

The RRS Process Template is a template used by all RRC projects, created in the web application, and does not support process modification like RTC.

If modification and creation of project artifacts (project properties), attributes and links are needed this is done in the RRC admin web menu.

What do you want to do with the RRS Process template?

permanent link
Mark Goossen (106) | answered Dec 08 '11, 4:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The process template defines default permissions for each role when a new project is created. These would be the boxes that are checked when you go to the "project area management page -> permissions tab -> project configuration" interface.

For example, members of a project area with the author role are allowed to create personal dashboards.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.