It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[Q] Duplicate a folder with all its contents

juan pelallo (1) | asked Nov 24 '11, 8:40 a.m.
Hello,

I use RRC recently and I have a seemingly simple problem but I can not resolve. Is there any way to duplicate a folder with all its contents (artifacts, images, ...)? either using fronted, command line, etc...

Thank you very much,

6 answers

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 26 '11, 10:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

I use RRC recently and I have a seemingly simple problem but I can not resolve. Is there any way to duplicate a folder with all its contents (artifacts, images, ...)? either using fronted, command line, etc...

Thank you very much,

In the RRC web ui, you can select all the artifacts, by check marking the top most check box on an artifact page, and right click and select copy nn artifacts.

But there is not web ui command to copy the entire folder only move, rename, delete.

permanent link
renee nelson (781918) | answered Nov 29 '11, 3:37 p.m.
Is there a way that I can move all the requirements out of one folder into another other than selection the check all box with the max of 50 requirements than can move at one time? It is very time comsuming moving 50 at a time when you have over 1,000 requirements for a project.
thanks!

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 30 '11, 2:29 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Is there a way that I can move all the requirements out of one folder into another other than selection the check all box with the max of 50 requirements than can move at one time? It is very time consuming moving 50 at a time when you have over 1,000 requirements for a project.
thanks!

Does the folder you are moving requirements to already contain data? If not the simplest way would be move the existing folder to the desired location and rename.

permanent link
renee nelson (781918) | answered Nov 30 '11, 2:31 p.m.
Is there a way that I can move all the requirements out of one folder into another other than selection the check all box with the max of 50 requirements than can move at one time? It is very time consuming moving 50 at a time when you have over 1,000 requirements for a project.
thanks!

Does the folder you are moving requirements to already contain data? If not the simplest way would be move the existing folder to the desired location and rename.

The folder already contains data

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 30 '11, 4:15 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
thanks!

I suggest you raise an enhancement request to move large quantities of requirements from one folder to another.

In RRC the page limit is 50 and I know of no work around in the client. It might be possible to do it by writing an OSLC RRC extension but I have not tried to do this, so I am not sure of the limitations.

permanent link
Jared Pulham (32113) | answered Dec 01 '11, 9:02 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
thanks!

I suggest you raise an enhancement request to move large quantities of requirements from one folder to another.

In RRC the page limit is 50 and I know of no work around in the client. It might be possible to do it by writing an OSLC RRC extension but I have not tried to do this, so I am not sure of the limitations.

As part of the CLM (RRC) 2012 plan we are working on supporting larger sets of data in the UI and on the server. You'll see workitems for our improved enterprise support and we will touch areas like this when it comes to dealing with larger sets of requirements inside the project.

For larger groups of folders in the project area well need to see where we go for that.

Jared Pulham
RRC Product Manager

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.