It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

No 'New Repository Workspace' option - Project Scoped?

Jason Marah (61) | asked Nov 24 '11, 6:37 a.m.
I've created a Repository Connection with three separate Project Areas. Two of these Project Areas let me create a Repository Workspace just fine, but the third Project Area gives me no option to create a Workspace. The components in this area's source control ends with (Project Scoped). Any idea what the issue could be?

I had no problem loading these workspaces up until yesterday.

3 answers

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 24 '11, 8:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I've created a Repository Connection with three separate Project Areas. Two of these Project Areas let me create a Repository Workspace just fine, but the third Project Area gives me no option to create a Workspace. The components in this area's source control ends with (Project Scoped). Any idea what the issue could be?

I had no problem loading these workspaces up until yesterday.

Can you clarify the steps to create a repository workspace? There are a few different areas where you can invoke the new repository workspace action. Where is it that you cannot see the action?

permanent link
Jason Marah (61) | answered Nov 24 '11, 10:23 a.m.

Can you clarify the steps to create a repository workspace? There are a few different areas where you can invoke the new repository workspace action. Where is it that you cannot see the action?

First, I expanded the Project Area down to its Components and right-clicked on the component I want. The options I'm given are missing the 'New' and 'Open' options. I also tried by right-clicking on Source Control - this does give me the New->Repository Workspace option, and a dialog appears. But it just lists the Project Areas from my Repository Connection. When I try to expand the Area I want, it says Pending and then nothing appears.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

permanent link
Tim Mok (6.6k38) | answered Nov 24 '11, 10:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

First, I expanded the Project Area down to its Components and right-clicked on the component I want. The options I'm given are missing the 'New' and 'Open' options. I also tried by right-clicking on Source Control - this does give me the New->Repository Workspace option, and a dialog appears. But it just lists the Project Areas from my Repository Connection. When I try to expand the Area I want, it says Pending and then nothing appears.

Any help greatly appreciated :)You cannot create a workspace on a component node. You create a workspace and add components to it to create a configuration. There are different places to add components. One way is after creating the workspace, you open the workspace editor and add components there. Or you can create a workspace from a stream node and it will seed the workspace with the components from the stream.

A typical user flow is to create a stream and add/create components for it. Then users create a workspace from the stream to get the version of the components in the stream into a workspace they can work on.

Note: The components listed in the project area node are components owned by the project area or one of its team areas. These components don't represent the specific version of a component in a workspace or stream. So you can't add it to a workspace because you still have to specify the baseline.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.