It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to set approval(work iteam)before creating a baseline in RTC SCM?

Krunal Gaoli (67869) | asked Sep 15 '17, 6:48 a.m.
edited Sep 15 '17, 6:51 a.m.

Hi Team,

My use case is that I wanted to create a baseline of a component from my main stream but my condition is that baseline should happen only to those source code which has been approved.
for approval purpose I am planing to using WI, I wanted to set a pre-conditon if linked Wi is in close state then and then only I should create a baseline.

Please suggest how to achieve this 

Kind Regards,
Krunal.  

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Sep 15 '17, 7:05 a.m.

Krunal,

the key here is flow relations and stream strategy. Your process should include a step (which can be automated depending on your integrations to e.g. process management tools) where approving / closing a work item would deliver the linked source code to a release stream. At certain times if you then snapshot that stream (or baseline the components therein) you are guaranteed to have all the approved code captured.
See e.g. Multi Stream Strategy
You can also guard the streams from deliveries which are not approved (operational preconditions).

- Arne

Krunal Gaoli selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Krunal Gaoli commented Sep 15 '17, 7:33 a.m.

Hi Arne,

Thanks for the suggestion, yes you are correct I wanted to flow approved source code from developer stream to integration stream.
I have set flow target for the same, only need to apply pre-condition and check it agian.

thanks and regards,
Krunal.

Ulf Arne Bister commented Sep 15 '17, 7:48 a.m.

Great. So if this answers your question could you please mark the answer as accepted? Thanks and best regards,

- Arne

Krunal Gaoli commented Sep 16 '17, 2:26 a.m.

Sure

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.