It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Admin user issue while importing a CSV file

AOC Admin (13631917) | asked Nov 17 '11, 6:52 p.m.
Am I missing something in the permissions setting? I have tried giving my self both analyst and contributor license, and I have made myself the project admin as well. so why do I get "you do not have the permission to import the CSV file?

Thanks

3 answers

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered Nov 17 '11, 6:59 p.m.
v.3.0.1

permanent link
Robin Bater (3.4k47) | answered Nov 21 '11, 11:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
v.3.0.1

Only an Analyst CAL should be necessary.

So you have the CAL, and assigned yourself as an administrator on the RM project area. On you jazz team server user profile do you have the JazzUser role? As a jazz administrator you can also give you JazzAdmin privilege.

Now in the csv file have you added the requirement type (specified in the project area) as a column to the csv file and converted to UTF-8 format?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_import_csv.html

Other than this not sure, but one of the easiest way to make sure you have the right columns in the csv, is to first create a dummy entry of the requirement type, create a saved filter and export that view to csv - this gives the format of the required columns - requirement id is not needed.

permanent link
AOC Admin (13631917) | answered Nov 21 '11, 11:34 a.m.
Thank you! I will check that out..

v.3.0.1

Only an Analyst CAL should be necessary.

So you have the CAL, and assigned yourself as an administrator on the RM project area. On you jazz team server user profile do you have the JazzUser role? As a jazz administrator you can also give you JazzAdmin privilege.

Now in the csv file have you added the requirement type (specified in the project area) as a column to the csv file and converted to UTF-8 format?

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v3r0m1/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc%2Ftopics%2Ft_import_csv.html

Other than this not sure, but one of the easiest way to make sure you have the right columns in the csv, is to first create a dummy entry of the requirement type, create a saved filter and export that view to csv - this gives the format of the required columns - requirement id is not needed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.