It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Change set feeds

Cindy Sleigh (622) | asked Nov 15 '11, 11:33 a.m.
I am trying to create a feed for RTC source code change set deliveries. Does anyone have any tips? I can't seem to get it working.

Thank-you.

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Nov 19 '11, 8:59 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am trying to create a feed for RTC source code change set deliveries. Does anyone have any tips? I can't seem to get it working.

Thank-you.

What I do for something similar is:
-Find the Team Area I am interested in using the "Team Organization" view. (This team area owns all the Streams that I am interested in.)
-From that team area I right-click and select "Subscribe to Team Events".
-I then open up the "Team Dashboard" view and use the little down arrow drop down menu and select "Add Section" --> "Events".
-Then from that newly added section I use the drop down arrow for the menu for that selection and select "Configure...".
-In the "Feeds" section you select the feed that you just added called "Team Events in <Team>".
-In the "Filters" selection check-off only what you are interested in (ex: "Source Control Changes" / "Source Control Components" / "Source Control Streams", etc.)

Now you can use this section in the Team Dashboard view to track any source control changes for the streams you care about.

Another thing I do (which is not directly related, but others might not know about) is:
-From a repository node in the "Team Artifacts" view, I right-click and select "Administer" --> "Open Users" and search for a user that I want to see what they've been up to (ex: a team lead / or members of the same team).
-From this user editor, use the drop down arrow to get the menu and select "Subscribe to Events Generated by User"...
-Now you can do what I showed above for the Team Area and apply a filter to show you only the things you care about (ex: you can create a feed which shows you source control related information that the user performed).

Hope this helps

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.