It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Failed upgrade to JTS 5.0.2 in mergeLPAJTS step

Libor Bus (1534) | asked Feb 10 '15, 10:25 a.m.
edited Feb 10 '15, 10:28 a.m.
Hello,
I am trying to upgrade to JTS andRTC (single application, no lifecycle project) from 5.0.1 to 5.0.2 however I consistently get error in mergeLPAJTS step which stops the upgrade process. According to log there is java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException thrown from MigrateLPACommand.java class:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
        at java.util.Collections$EmptyList.get(Collections.java:92)
        at com.ibm.team.lpa.app.migration.MigrateLPACommand.handleFriendsFile(MigrateLPACommand.java:229)
        at com.ibm.team.lpa.app.migration.MigrateLPACommand.execute(MigrateLPACommand.java:143)
        at com.ibm.team.repotools.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:68)
        at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.run(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:816)
        at com.ibm.team.repotools.rcp.internal.RepositoryToolsApplication.start(RepositoryToolsApplication.java:891)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:369)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:60)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:37)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:611)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:620)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:575)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1408)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1384)

This seems to be an application error.

Can I skip this step if our server configuration uses just RTC? According to the documentation not this step must be done when upgrading.

Please help.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Rohit Balduwa (945511) | answered Feb 11 '15, 2:30 a.m.
Hi Libor

Please check whether you have the 'admin' application in the Registered application for CLM5.0.1( jts/admin).

For this step 3(mergeLPAJTS), the repotools command that executes has the lpacontextroot parameter as 'admin'.
Example command:
Directory: "C:\IBM\CLM501\server"
Command: repotools-jts.bat -mergeLPAJTS lpaContextRoot=admin jtsContextRoot=jts oldJTSHome="C:\CLM501\server\conf"

You can skip this step if the admin application is not installed/registered.

Let me know if this helps.
Libor Bus selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Libor Bus commented Feb 11 '15, 6:37 a.m.

Hello Rohit,

I did not have admin application so I skipped the upgrade step and upgrade successfully finished.
Thank you for your help.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.