It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC users/groups questions

T M (8876188143) | asked Nov 13 '11, 4:14 a.m.
1. Can I batch import users( and repository roles etc) from CSV file?

2. Why there is no group structure in RTC? I can have set of users assigned to a particular group (Java developers group) and assign that group to the team area instead of assigning individual team member to team area.

3. Can I create a new project based on an existing project maintaining the same team structure?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 14 '11, 9:34 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

For 1. Please have a look into the JTS or RTC reporools. There is a command to export/import users with repository permissions. Also LDAP would help with the import.

For 2. There is a group structure not just for the purpose you want. The idea is that a user could be in several projects/teams also with different roles. There are several work items for various potential enhancements in this area. Those typically refer to LDAP however.

For 3. I don't think there is such a capability. You can have a project template that maintains the team structure and use that to create your project. I have discussed that with another user recently and one thing that might be possible would be using the Plain Java Client Library (from the download page) to create a small java program that does this for you. The Plain Java Client Library provides several snippets that could hint how to proceed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.