It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I customize the priority of change set delivery notifications?

Rohan Padhye (111) | asked Sep 09 '13, 1:12 a.m.
Hi,

I am trying to build an RTC Extension with which I can customize notifications of change set delivery into streams that I am working with.

I know that it is fairly straightforward to customize notifiers through 'Window > Preferences > General > Notifications' by adding triggers for different priorities (e.g. alert for highest priority, red marker for high, yellow for medium, etc).

However, I have not yet understood how priority is assigned to "Deliver" events in the first place. Is the priority decided by the server or client? I was expecting the priority to be mentioned in the RSS Feed for change set deliveries but there is no such field there either. Anyway, I would like to set the priority of these events myself (through a plug-in) based on some custom criteria.

Could somebody please shed some light on the mechanism of assigning priorities to change set deliveries and how I could go about customizing them via an RTC extension?

Thanks,
Rohan

PS: I am currently working with RTC 3.0.1 but even if your answer pertains to a newer version (4.x) please do post it.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.