It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC built-in attributes per repository or per project area?

Marko Tomljenovic (31647109) | asked Nov 25 '15, 4:04 p.m.
edited Nov 25 '15, 4:08 p.m.
Using the RTC Api I came across this method:
workItemClient.findBuiltInAttributes(fProjectArea, monitor);

This gives me the impression that there can be different method return values (=built-in attributes) for lets say two 
project areas on the same repository. Even the implementation of the method is fetching some (ached) information related to the given project area.
I always thought that the built-in attributes are defined by the installation itself meaning the repository (as already confirmed by this thread https://jazz.net/forum/questions/199005/built-in-attributes-same-for-whole-repository)
So is this just a flaw in the API that confuses me or am I missing something?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 05 '16, 11:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The internal attributes are not in the process configuration. Only the custom attributes are.

So they are defined for the application. However, attributes only live in a project area and therefore the context of the project area is needed to access any attributes, I guess. This is in any case the only API access I have found to find the built in attributes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.