It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Type Deliverable can't be sorted in query results?

Phillip Piper (15812524) | asked Nov 06 '11, 9:52 p.m.
This is related to another post of mine related to issues with work item attributes of type Deliverable:
https://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=20434&highlight=

Basically, Found In is an out of the box attribute of type Deliverable. We've created a custom attribute that is also of type Deliverable. When we go to build queries and configure the Result Layout tab our custom attribute doesn't list as column which can be sorted. However, we can select other custom attributes as columns and we can select Found In which is also of type Deliverable.

To make it even more confusing, if you display our custom attribute in the query results and run the query, you can still click on the column heading for this field and it will sort the column even though it seemed like this was not possible when configuring our query.

Does anyone know why this is? My feeling is this may be a bug.

Comments
Scott Crouch commented Jul 13 '12, 2:43 p.m.

Did anybody ever find an answer to this issue?

Phillip Piper commented Jul 13 '12, 5:15 p.m.

I never received any responses or found out any cause.

One answer

permanent link
Sian O'Briain (35921) | answered Dec 12 '16, 11:46 a.m.
Not an answer but can't find link to comment:

We also have this problem with Jazz Reporting Service in 5.0.2 and also Report Builder in 6.0.2. I am an admin and have tried to refresh the data source. We are actually trying to include the attribute as part of the query. The attribute is not available for display or for queries.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.