It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

cannot overlap sanboxes on ISPF client during load workspace

Angelo Corna (26358383) | asked Nov 28 '12, 6:41 a.m.
We've a problem on our z/os RTC environment using ISPF client.
We have created a workspace and we've loaded it specifying the tso user (TSOUSR1) as Dataset Prefix and the load works without problems.
Now we are trying to load another workspace and we're trying to load it specifying TSOUSR1.TEST as Dataset Prefix but we obtain the error Cannot Overlap Sandboxes - Loading to TSOUSR1.TEST would overlap with the existing sandbox TSOUSR1.
We've tried to unload and cancel the first workspace but we have the same error.

No RACF messsages on system log.

After the first workspace unload, on ispfdmn.log we have the following message

user rtcuser registered TSOUSR1

What does it means? How can we solve the problem?

Thanks in advance.
Bye.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Robin Bobbitt (59679) | answered Nov 28 '12, 10:57 a.m.
Hi Angelo,

It sounds like the ISPF table entry was not cleaned up properly. The table the ISPF client uses is called BLZLOADS and I believe you'll find it in TSOUSR1.SPF.ISPPROF. You should be able to delete just the one row for TSOUSR1.

You may also need to clean up some metadata in your SCM_WORK directory. You will see a TSOUSR1 sub-directory there.

Robin
Angelo Corna selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Rajeev Gupta (1112) | answered Oct 08 '14, 7:22 p.m.
 I could not find which row to delete. So, I delete the file BLZLOADS  from TSOUSR1.ISPF.ISPPROF. That took care of it. Please note that if any other WS is loaded, you will lose it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.