It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

You must create the password file. Open the synchronized str

Jirong Hu (1.5k9295258) | asked Oct 31 '11, 2:51 p.m.
The import is not started, then I found this error in the error log,but if I try to save the password, I got this error:

Error during Save operation: A synchronization operation is in progress, saving properties is disallowed, please try again later.

Question:
1. I already enter the password in the wizard, why couldn't not find password file?
2. How can I resolve this chicken-egg problem?

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: Could not find password file at "C:\Users\CCCQSYNC\ClearCaseSynchronizer\_-YRwQQPREeGYW-SpW_JhbQ.synchronizer\CCCQSYNC.cred.txt". You must create the password file. Open the synchronized stream from the ClearCase Synchronized Streams view, go to the Team Concert page, enter the password for the synchronization user in the Password field and click "Save".
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.syncviabuild.BuildClientForCcSync.requirePasswordFileExists(BuildClientForCcSync.java:2701)
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.syncviabuild.BuildClientForCcSync.startSyncEngine(BuildClientForCcSync.java:2671)
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.syncviabuild.BuildClientForCcSync.startSyncEngine(BuildClientForCcSync.java:490)
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.ide.ui.wvcm.InteropStreams.restartSyncEngine(InteropStreams.java:1959)
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.ide.ui.SynchronizedStream.restartSyncEngine(SynchronizedStream.java:700)
at com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.ide.ui.views.syncstreamview.SyncStreamView$24.run(SyncStreamView.java:1010)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 31 '11, 8:23 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you get an "operation is in progress" error, that either means that
there is still a sync in progress (in which case, you need to wait until
it completes), or the sync process lost access to the server, in which
case it couldn't tell the server that it was finished. If the latter is
the case, then you need to run the "unlock" operation from the sync
stream editor, or from the sync stream properties page.

But that doesn't explain what happened to the password file. The error
message tells you how to recover from this, but there must be some
underlying error that caused it in the first place. It would be good to
work with Rational support to uncover the root cause of this problem.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 10/31/2011 2:53 PM, hujirong wrote:
The import is not started, then I found this error in the error
log,but if I try to save the password, I got this error:

Error during Save operation: A synchronization operation is in
progress, saving properties is disallowed, please try again later.

Question:
1. I already enter the password in the wizard, why couldn't not find
password file?
2. How can I resolve this chicken-egg problem?

javax.wvcm.WvcmException: Could not find password
file at
"C:\Users\CCCQSYNC\ClearCaseSynchronizer\_-YRwQQPREeGYW-SpW_JhbQ.synchronizer\CCCQSYNC.cred.txt".
You must create the password file. Open the synchronized stream from
the ClearCase Synchronized Streams view, go to the Team Concert page,
enter the password for the synchronization user in the Password field
and click "Save".
at
com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.syncviabuild.BuildClientForCcSync.requirePasswordFileExists(BuildClientForCcSync.java:2701)
at
com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.syncviabuild.BuildClientForCcSync.startSyncEngine(BuildClientForCcSync.java:2671)
at
com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.syncviabuild.BuildClientForCcSync.startSyncEngine(BuildClientForCcSync.java:490)
at
com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.ide.ui.wvcm.InteropStreams.restartSyncEngine(InteropStreams.java:1959)
at
com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.ide.ui.SynchronizedStream.restartSyncEngine(SynchronizedStream.java:700)
at
com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.ide.ui.views.syncstreamview.SyncStreamView$24.run(SyncStreamView.java:1010)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.