It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

zImport Hanging

Robert Johnston (4378) | asked Oct 25 '11, 10:07 a.m.
We are running RTC 3.0.1 and trying unsuccessfully to use the zImport facility. We upgraded from 3.0 a couple months back and were able to successfully use zImport with 3.0, so looks like something was lost in our migration.

When we run a zImport it just hangs immediately. I specify the -v option for verbose output and nothing comes to screen. I have looked in the /u/scm/eclipse/configuration/scmtools and I don't see any log files get generated.

This hang seems to occur regardless of the options I give to zImport. It hangs if I give zImport no options at all.

Anything help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rob.

6 answers

permanent link
John Riendeau (46626) | answered Oct 25 '11, 10:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are other CLI subcommands able to execute successfully? If you execute 'scm load', does it correctly bring up the usage instructions for the load subcommand, or does that hang too?

permanent link
Robert Johnston (4378) | answered Oct 25 '11, 10:42 a.m.
The scm load command does run and returns with the usage instructions, or at least a message saying an argument was missing and to issue scm help load. Also if I do the scm version command I get as noted below. Interestingly, the scm login with appropriate parameters and without any parameters both appear to hang.

scm version output --------------------------------
com.ibm.teamz.zimport.cli, version 3.0.1.v20110602_1036
Subcommands: zimport

com.ibm.teamz.filesystem.cli.client, version 3.0.1.v20110602_1036
Subcommands: create/dataset zload list/datasetdefinitions listdefz zloadxml

com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.tools, version 3.0.1.v20110602_1036
Subcommands: tools.verify tools.validate tools.echo.stdin tools.metronome tools.configvalue tools.log

com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.client, version 3.0.1.v20110602_1036
Subcommands: load login logout create create/workspace create/baseline create/changeset create/snapshot create/component changeset changeset/commen
changeset/complete changeset/current changeset/relocate changeset/associate changeset/disassociate changeset/suspend changeset/resume changeset/disc
rd changeset/extract change-target change-target/workspace change-target/component change-target/unset-workspace list list/workspaces list/projectare
s list/teamareas list/streams list/components list/remotefiles list/credentials list/daemons list/snapshots list/locks list/properties list/changeset
list/users list/baselines checkin accept deliver status conflicts resolve move lastmod share discard undo compare history diff repair workspace work
pace/add-components workspace/remove-components workspace/replace-components workspace/delete workspace/unload property property/list property/get pr
perty/set property/remove lock lock/list lock/acquire lock/release annotate snapshot snapshot/promote refresh users users/set

com.ibm.team.filesystem.cli.core, version 3.0.1.v20110602_1036
Subcommands: help version daemon daemon/start daemon/stop daemon/deregister daemon/register

permanent link
John Riendeau (46626) | answered Oct 25 '11, 10:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Interesting. It looks like hangs have been seen in the SCM CLI when a user's home directory is full, or nearly so. If that's the case for you, you may wish to subscribe/comment on defect 179106. If not, I'd encourage you to submit a new defect so that the problem can be further investigated.

permanent link
Robert Johnston (4378) | answered Oct 27 '11, 10:54 a.m.
You got us pointed in the right direction. We were attempting to run it under root, which it didn't seem to like. When we run as user1, we get much further. However, we are on to a new message that I don't quite understand. We are running with the dry-run flag set, so that might be the problem. But it goes through checking parts and creating components, and then we get an exception:
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The location ROB.COMP.CPPIPV6(DSITCPR4) is not part of a subtree that is being shared

I'm not sure what this message means? Do I have to somehow denote a dataset as being shared? I do specify the HLQ=ROB parameter when I run the scm zImport

CRHTC0633I Created the repository workspace zimport Oct 27, 2011 9:58:56 AM with the flow target TestProd for zOS Stream.
CRHTC0636I Member ROB.COMP.CPPIPV6(DSITCPR4) matched mapping rule "P:COMP.(*).*=COMP:%1".
CRHTC0637I The zComponent project COMP matched mapping rule "C:COMP=COMP".
CRHTC0638I Member ROB.COMP.CPPIPV6(DSITCPR4) matched mapping rule "L:*.CPPIPV6.*=CPP390IPV6LangDef:cppipv6".
CRHTC0636I Member ROB.COMP.CPPIPV6(DSITCPR6) matched mapping rule "P:COMP.(*).*=COMP:%1".
CRHTC0637I The zComponent project COMP matched mapping rule "C:COMP=COMP".
CRHTC0638I Member ROB.COMP.CPPIPV6(DSITCPR6) matched mapping rule "L:*.CPPIPV6.*=CPP390IPV6LangDef:cppipv6".
CRHTC0625I Created the Jazz component COMP.
CRHTC0627I Created the zComponent project COMP.
CRHTC0629I Created the data set definition COMP.CPPIPV6.
CRHTC0628I Created the zFolder CPPIPV6.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The location ROB.COMP.CPPIPV6(DSITCPR4) is not part of a subtree that is being shared
at com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.internal.share.ShareOperation.assignProperties(ShareOperation.java:1488)
at com.ibm.teamz.internal.zimport.cli.subcommand.ZImportCommand.shareFolders(ZImportCommand.java:732)
at com.ibm.teamz.internal.zimport.cli.subcommand.ZImportCommand.shareProjects(ZImportCommand.java:907)

permanent link
John Riendeau (46626) | answered Oct 27 '11, 3:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yep, this is happening because you're running with dry-run set and also trying to associate language definitions via your mapping file. The combination of those two things is what's leading to the exception, and it's definitely a product bug. Can you submit a work item on jazz.net for it?

permanent link
Robert Johnston (4378) | answered Oct 28 '11, 9:10 a.m.
Thanks John.. We ran this without the dry run flag set and all worked well. Per your request, I did create a defect.

Defect 182181 - In dryrun mode, zImport throws exception java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The location xx.xx.xx(yyyy) is not part of a subtree that is being shared.

Given that this worked well in our quick test with 2 parts, we're now going to try it with 8000+ parts and see how it goes.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.