It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Several teams not receiving all their emails

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked May 08 '12, 2:09 p.m.
Hi,

Several of the teams we support are reporting that they aren't getting all the emails they should. There doesn't seem to be a common theme for the work items changes they aren't receiving emails on. They could be creator, owner, modifier and still not get an email. I verified in the Email Config that they should be receiving an email.

When I look in the Server Logs I see Connection Refused error msgs with the SMTP server. Doing some digging I see that when the corporate SMTP servers get backed up they start refusing connections.

It seems our email requests aren't being queued up and resent to the SMTP server. I found Defect 47010 that says the number of retries for sending notifications increased to 100.

Is this no longer valid? Is there a setting where we can set this value? We have Transport Reuse Count set to the default of 19.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.