It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why do past iterations still display

Linda Gricius (6812122) | asked Oct 20 '11, 9:07 a.m.
I migrated a few work items from one project area to another. These work items should've been completed in past iterations, but were not. This means that I had to create iterations in my Timeline so I could assign these work items to them. The end date for each of these iterations has passed, so I didn't expect them to display in my Timeline panel, but they do.

Does anyone know how to make these go away? I don't want to delete or archve them as these are valid iterations, however they are past iterations and I don't want them displayed in the Timeline panel. Typically past iterations don't display here.

3 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Oct 20 '11, 4:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

When you say the iterations show up in your Timeline panel, do you mean in the Project Area Editor? If so, the only iterations that are filtered from view are archived iterations. You can see this in the Jazz Collaborative ALM project area on jazz.net; there are many iterations from as early as 2009.

Martha
Jazz Developer, Process Component

I migrated a few work items from one project area to another. These work items should've been completed in past iterations, but were not. This means that I had to create iterations in my Timeline so I could assign these work items to them. The end date for each of these iterations has passed, so I didn't expect them to display in my Timeline panel, but they do.

Does anyone know how to make these go away? I don't want to delete or archve them as these are valid iterations, however they are past iterations and I don't want them displayed in the Timeline panel. Typically past iterations don't display here.

permanent link
Linda Gricius (6812122) | answered Oct 20 '11, 5:01 p.m.
Yes, that's where I'm referring to. Thanks for clarifying. Do you know whether it's possible to sort this list so that the old iterations display at the top. I added the older iterations recently. And, as result, they're appearing at the bottom of my Timeline. It seems as though the iterations appear based on the date created rather than the iteration start or end date.

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Oct 21 '11, 12:10 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can control the location of the iteration by drag'n'drop in the
WebUI project area editor. In the Eclipse UI, you can use the Move
operation.

Cheers,
Geoff

On 10/20/2011 5:08 PM, lgricius wrote:
Yes, that's where I'm referring to. Thanks for clarifying. Do you know
whether it's possible to sort this list so that the old iterations
display at the top. I added the older iterations recently. And, as
result, they're appearing at the bottom of my Timeline. It seems as
though the iterations appear based on the date created rather than
the iteration start or end date.

Comments
Virginia Brown commented Sep 13 '12, 12:03 p.m.

We have iterations for 2011, 2012, 2013 as well as the Backlog. Like Linda, we would like to decrease the noise a bit by floating Backlog and 2013 to the top.

However, when we re-order the iterations, those that appears before Current (2012-Sep) have a check next to it (as in Complete.) Does the order of appearance of the iterations have any impact on any statistics that are gathered? We assume the check boxes are just a simple decoration, but wanted to double-check.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.