It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I delete iteration ?

Takehiko Amano (1.3k3741) | asked Oct 19 '11, 2:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How can I delete iteration ?

I created an iteration by mistake, but unfortunately pressed 'Save' button. When I try to delete iteration, it's just got grayed out. It is still visible, I can move it.

Only way I can think of is to create garbage timeline (also delete it and still visible), and move deleted iteration to garbage timeline.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 19 '11, 4:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Provided you have the required permissions to archive an iteration, you can do that. You need to have at least the permission to do so in the Project Configuration>Save Project Area.

permanent link
Takehiko Amano (1.3k3741) | answered Oct 19 '11, 8:59 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, I can delete it. But it is still visible (grayed out). I think there is no way of deleting it completely just like project archive.

Provided you have the required permissions to archive an iteration, you can do that. You need to have at least the permission to do so in the Project Configuration>Save Project Area.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 20 '11, 4:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

yes, it is an archive. The reason is, that so many reporting etc. is tied to these things and deleting them could cause issues there.

In some areas you can choose to hide archived iterations, but not in all. You could consider to reuse the iteration somewhere else, e.g. in later iterations.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.