It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Dashboard External Content Widget

Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | asked Oct 18 '11, 2:01 a.m.
In 3.0.1, there is a new External Content widget. I have been able to add the widget my dashboard and go to a URL with no issues.

What we want to do is ...

Each "team" has their own team dashboard which contains different tabs, one of those tabs being the overall scorecard.

Each "release" has a dashboard that contains different tabs, those tabs being the tabs from each team.

Currently, we "copy" the team tabs into the release dashboard each week, since there is no "locking" mechanism for the dashboard/tabs so if all the various teams are updating the dashboard at the same time, they wipe out changes. So each team now only edits their team dashboard, and the release RM/PM does a copy of that tab into the release dashboard each week.

We attempted to use the new External Content widge and use the URL back to the dashboard tab. However, instead of just getting that tab or the content in that tab's widgets, I get the entire team dashboard, incuding all tabs an dthe blue header.

Is there a way to get a URL that gets just to the tab level without the entire dashboard?

Susan Hanson

4 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 18 '11, 4:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Susan,

I just tried and copied the URL of my example deployment dashboard Tab 2 into an external content widget.

the URL to the dashboard tab is https://clmwb.example.com:9447/ccm/web/projects/JKE%20Banking%20%28Change%20Management%29#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard&tab=_2

I did that in several dashboards as well as the dashboard min and it always worked for me. The widget displayed the dashboard tab content.

Not sure what I did differently.

permanent link
Susan Hanson (1.6k2201194) | answered Oct 18 '11, 5:09 a.m.
Interesting, my dashboard URL itself is https://wasrtc.hursley.ibm.com:9443/jazz/web/projects/WAS#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard&team=Matterhorn&tab=_467

and I have an external content widget with the following URL:
https://wasrtc.hursley.ibm.com:9443/jazz/web/projects/WAS#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard&team=Infrastructure/CTS%20IT&tab=_5

And for me, I never get anything. I've tried 3 different times (FireFox and IE on my ThinkPad in China, and also FireFox on my server in Raleigh). None of them ever show any content (literally, the widget is totally empty). I asked someone yesterday to try it and they were seeing the blue header and everything, but I never can see anything in the widget.

Is there any way to determine why? I can give you access to view my dashboard to see if you can see anything.

Hi Susan,

I just tried and copied the URL of my example deployment dashboard Tab 2 into an external content widget.

the URL to the dashboard tab is https://clmwb.example.com:9447/ccm/web/projects/JKE%20Banking%20%28Change%20Management%29#action=com.ibm.team.dashboard.viewDashboard&tab=_2

I did that in several dashboards as well as the dashboard min and it always worked for me. The widget displayed the dashboard tab content.

Not sure what I did differently.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Oct 18 '11, 5:43 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Susan,

I tried to embed your dashboard and I actually have to accept the security Exception and then I would have to log in. I see all that. If you have a guest account you can send me an e-mail and I will try. I used Firefox for this.

permanent link
Phillip Piper (15812524) | answered May 18 '12, 10:28 a.m.
Did anybody figure this issue out? I am seeing the same thing. I use the external content widget with a URL to run a query on the same RTC server and the widget shows as empty.

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.