It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to avoid checking all exising objects in ibm i build?

Joseph Chang (1552319) | asked Oct 17 '11, 8:39 a.m.
I use ibm i build specification build to build my application.
My application have following number of source codes in RTC repository:

QCLSRC: 779
QDDSSRC: 2414
QRPGSRC: 1513

It took me about 4.5 hours for first build. After that, I changed one PF and rebuild. I found RTC check all existing objects and return the message "No need to build". The incremental change for 1 PF took me almost the same time as full build. Can somebody advice me how to make ibm i build change file only?

2 answers

permanent link
Joseph Chang (1552319) | answered Oct 18 '11, 1:51 a.m.
I checked RTC documentation and learned that dependency build will check the changes between current workspace and previous SUCCESSFUL build instead of previous build. In my case there is still compilation errors in previous builds.
I am to fix compile issues and check if it works.

permanent link
Joseph Chang (1552319) | answered Oct 28 '11, 9:58 a.m.
I have cleared all build error and got a green light in build result. Then I modify 1 member and submit build. again. Unfortunately, RTC still iterates all source members and shows "No need to build". To change and build 1 member takes me more than one hour.

Does any one have tested i dependency build? Is it possible to avoid iterating members that no need to build?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.