It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Able to create/modify/save dashboard without right

Michael Leithner (1131910) | asked Oct 12 '11, 11:05 a.m.
I had an extra role fr costumers. The Administrator defined them a own custom dashboard where they can track the progress of their product.
But we don't want them to change or save anything, so we give them no rights (due to the process Configuration -> Project Configuration -> Permissions Tab)

But if i log in with a customer user to the webClient, i am still able to edit AND save the user dashboard AND the project dashboard :shock:

In my eclipse client and also in the webClient all rights in all categories (Project configuration, Team configuration, Iteration, Timeline... )
containing dashboard are disabled o.O

What do i am doing wrong? :oops:

7 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Oct 12 '11, 8:25 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Is the Everyone role configured to allow changes? If so, anyone will be able to save the changes.

If this is not the case, what roles does the user you logged in as have? What roles are allowed to change dashboards?

Martha
Jazz Developer, Process Component

I had an extra role fr costumers. The Administrator defined them a own custom dashboard where they can track the progress of their product.
But we don't want them to change or save anything, so we give them no rights (due to the process Configuration -> Project Configuration -> Permissions Tab)

But if i log in with a customer user to the webClient, i am still able to edit AND save the user dashboard AND the project dashboard :shock:

In my eclipse client and also in the webClient all rights in all categories (Project configuration, Team configuration, Iteration, Timeline... )
containing dashboard are disabled o.O

What do i am doing wrong? :oops:

permanent link
Michael Leithner (1131910) | answered Oct 13 '11, 5:01 a.m.
Hello,

Is the Everyone role configured to allow changes? If so, anyone will be able to save the changes.

Definitely no, the default role "everybody" is not allowed to change anything
(as is see in the webgui and the eclipse client)

If this is not the case, what roles does the user you logged in as have?

the user i logged in has only a "costumer" role (and the default everybody) which has the following rights:
"workitem->save attachement->change attachement" in the project config
and
"workitem->save workitem->create workitem->"
"workitem->save workitem->change workitem->config approvals"
"workitem->save workitem->change workitem->change description"
"workitem->save workitem->change workitem->change summary"
"workitem->save workitem->start workflowaction->initialize"
"reports->show report->show report" in the team configuration.
Everything else in the config for the costumer is disabled.

What roles are allowed to change dashboards?

all other roles (product owner, scrum master, teammember) are able to change their personal dashboard, the project and team dashboard as well.

(sorry, if the exact right names are not correct, i use RTC 3.0.1 in german)

permanent link
Michael Leithner (1131910) | answered Oct 13 '11, 9:17 a.m.
okay, i just created a new user and assigned him to our project with no role.
So just the default role should be active.

If i log on with this user, the project dashboard is uneditable, also for teams.
But in the personal dashboard the user is able to add new / remove widgets and save it.
whyyyy? o.O

All of my "default" role configuration there is unchecked
as is see in the eclipse client and also from the web gui o.O

What is going wrong? xD

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Oct 13 '11, 12:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Saving the personal dashboard uses a different permission than saving the project or team dashboard. The personal dashboard save is controlled by the Project Configuration > Permissions > Dashboards > Save Personal Dashboard operation. Is that not checked for the default role?

Martha

If i log on with this user, the project dashboard is uneditable, also for teams.
But in the personal dashboard the user is able to add new / remove widgets and save it.
whyyyy? o.O

What is going wrong? xD

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Oct 13 '11, 1:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Does the project consume process from another project? You can use the Process Sharing section of the project area editor main page to determine that. If so, permissions may be coming from the provider project.

Martha

Hello,

Saving the personal dashboard uses a different permission than saving the project or team dashboard. The personal dashboard save is controlled by the Project Configuration > Permissions > Dashboards > Save Personal Dashboard operation. Is that not checked for the default role?

Martha

whyyyy? o.O

What is going wrong? xD

permanent link
Michael Leithner (1131910) | answered Oct 14 '11, 4:46 a.m.

Yeah, i've found both options... personal dashboard and team dashboard (and also the configuration for the project dashboard)
and all of them are disabled.

Does the project consume process from another project?

Nope, definitely not.
This is the first and only project i have created in our RTC.

Maybe every user is able to change his dashboard because of the client-access-licence? We currently use only the 10 free developer licenses,
can this somehow overrule the restrictions in the roles configuration?

permanent link
Michael Leithner (1131910) | answered Oct 20 '11, 6:33 a.m.
I found out, something interessing :-o

In the web client, and also in the eclipse client,
if i look into the permissions section, all rights for the default user are disabled.

But if i look into the Process Configuration Source, if found the following lines:

<permissions
<role id="default"
<project-operation id="com.ibm.team.workitem.server.saveAttachment"
<action id="any"/
</project-operation
<project-operation id="com.ibm.team.dashboard.server.saveProjectDashboard"/
<project-operation id="com.ibm.team.dashboard.server.savePersonalDashboard"/
</role
(include the correct closing tags ^^)

How can it be, that these configuration is not synchron with the web gui? o.O

And, am i able to simply delete this few lines (or copy-paste from another project) ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.