It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Report Question regarding Work Item table in LIVE SNAPSHOT

Michael Walker (99215201157) | asked Apr 28 '10, 4:27 p.m.
Rafik/James,

I'm working on a report where I create a custom column that prioritizes Work Items based on specific criteria. One of the priorities is "defects opened against Unresolved Stories or APARs". In our Defect work items we have a custom field of Type "work item" where the Defect creator can link the Defect to the Story or APAR that they're testing.

What I want to do is get the WI_ID from the record linked in the field and then find it's current Status. If Unresolved, then the Defect gets that Priority #. If Resolved, then Defect isn't listed.

I looked at the WORK ITEM table in the LIVE SNAPSHOT, but don't see a field that would return this info. I see columns for other types, but not the work item type.

Can you guys give me any guidance on where to get this info?

Thanks,

5 answers

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Apr 28 '10, 10:05 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you please try:
itemExtensions.key and itemExtensions.value.itemId
or
multiItemExtensions.key and multiItemExtensions.value.itemId

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Apr 29 '10, 2:29 a.m.
Can you please try:
or

Thanks, it returned the ITEMID of the linked record.

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered Apr 29 '10, 6:06 p.m.
Can you please try:
or

Thanks, it returned the ITEMID of the linked record.

Rafik,

I stored the ITEMID in a variable I defined in the dataset linked to the WorkItem table. I then created another dataset on the LIVE_WORKITEM_CNT table, and passed this variable to the WI_ITEMID parameter. This will then display the correct ID, Summary, State in a table as I expect.

The problem is I now want to combine this with my general Work Item dataset that contains my other info for my report so I can reference this new State in my computed column. When I use a Joint Dataset and combine the 2 datasets I get an error stating my variable is Undefined. The variable is not initially defined in either of these 2 datasets.

What am I doing wrong here?

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered Apr 29 '10, 6:36 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Just collect all your data in a javascript arrays and expose it to BIRT using a scripted data set. BIRT joint data sets are very slow and can consume a lot of memory.

permanent link
Michael Walker (99215201157) | answered May 03 '10, 2:24 a.m.
Rafik,

I agree that's the better long-term solution but this is the last part of my report and then I can deploy. Since our developers really need this report now, I was hoping to deploy with the joint datasets and then redo with scripted data sets later.

Getting this itemExtensions.value.itemId into my report is the last step.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.