It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Custom Attribute can't be added to Editor Presentations

Phillip Piper (15812524) | asked Oct 11 '11, 12:50 p.m.
This is really perplexing to me.

I have done this a bunch of times recently. I create a new attribute for a given work item type. I then re-use it in one of my other work item types.
Then I go to Editor Presentations where I have some editors that I duplicated from the default.

If I go to Add Presentation or Edit an existing, I select Attribute-based presentation my latest custom attribute doesn't show up in the list to select. However, all my previous ones do.

I have no idea the reason and I have re-traced my steps 3 times already. Has anyone seen this before?

4 answers

permanent link
Steve Cotugno (41159) | answered Oct 11 '11, 5:44 p.m.
In my case, I cannot get any of the custom attributes (enumeration type) to appear in the Web client. I see them in the Eclipse client but not the web.

permanent link
Phillip Piper (15812524) | answered Oct 12 '11, 11:31 a.m.
In my case, I cannot get any of the custom attributes (enumeration type) to appear in the Web client. I see them in the Eclipse client but not the web.

I've found that my issue seems to be specific to custom attributes of type timeline. I can't even get the option add my custom attribute it to a presentation.

permanent link
Thomas Loeber (62237850) | answered Oct 12 '11, 11:34 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Steve - This may be because you didn't also add that attribute to the LightWeight WorkItem Creation Dialog? Are you trying to create a new workitem from the web?

permanent link
Steve Cotugno (41159) | answered Oct 12 '11, 11:44 a.m.

Steve - This may be because you didn't also add that attribute to the LightWeight WorkItem Creation Dialog? Are you trying to create a new workitem from the web?

I tried adding it to the LightWeight work item too and it still does not appear.

I am modifying an existing work item (task/defect/enhancement), just adding one additional field.

Originally, I had made the changes via the web. But then I was told that I should try it from the Eclipse client, so I did. It still does not work.

Note that I am working in a IBM Rational cloud. Contact me via e-mail if you want access to take a look.

Thanks,
Steve

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.