It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

My reverse promotion build is failing the first time, but succeeds subsequent times. Why does this happen?

Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | asked Sep 18 '12, 10:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I run my reverse promotion build and get the following exception in the build:
com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.TeamServiceException: CRJAZ0098I The "com.ibm.team.enterprise.promotion.common.IPromotionService{/ccm/service/com.ibm.team.enterprise.promotion.common.IPromotionService}" service failed.  The server returned the HTTP error 500 with error text "Internal Server Error".
* at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ClientHttpUtil.throwHttpClientError(ClientHttpUtil.java:1334)

However the second run and beyond appear to run correctly.  Why does this happen?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered Sep 18 '12, 10:53 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 The problem can be caused by a timeout to the ccm server.  This causes the buildmap to not get finalized causing the failure.  There is a build property that will prevent the timeout.  The build property is: team.enterprise.promotion.connectionTimeoutOverride.  Setting this value to 0 will cause it to never timeout.
Spencer Murata selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.