It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to load components by name

Sumit Singh Tomar (256) | asked Jul 15 '14, 3:44 a.m.
edited Jul 15 '14, 4:06 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
 Hi TEam,

i need to download one file from rtc server... what i got here first i need to get the connection and then need to load the workspace. but when i m loading it lot of components are coming 

i want particular components by name. 

can you please suggest me the way..

Thanks,
Sumit

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15 '14, 4:06 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What do you want to do and why? You could use the SCM commandline, you could load it in the UI by right clicking it in the show repository files. You might ask for API. Not sure, so please provide more information.

Sumit Singh Tomar commented Jul 15 '14, 5:09 a.m. | edited Jul 15 '14, 7:06 a.m.

Sorry to mention it... i have to use java api for the same...

it should be done programatically.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jul 15 '14, 5:21 a.m.
Please see this post: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/09/24/managing-workspaces-streams-and-components-using-the-plain-java-client-libraries/ and this post: http://thescmlounge.blogspot.de/2013/08/getting-your-stuff-using-rtc-sdk-to-zip.html both blogs have related posts where you can look as well.

We have already pointed to these resources in other similar questions you asked.

Please understand that a stream and a workspace are essentially the same concept when you read/download.

Comments
Sumit Singh Tomar commented Jul 15 '14, 6:54 a.m. | edited Jul 15 '14, 7:05 a.m.

I have created one workspace in RTC GUI...and provided name for that workspace in progam..

In that workspace we have 142 componenets....

how can we get particular one....

else it will be very hard for processing all 142 componenets and all...

please suggest some way..

Thanks,
Sumit

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15 '14, 7:08 a.m.

I would recommend to actually read through the source code of the blogs. It is easy enough to find. The call findComponent() is one way of doing it - see image below. I am not sure, but assume you can also iterate all components of the stream/workspace.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.