It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import from Clearcase : Unable to determine absolute pathname for

Michael Barrett-Lennard (1111) | asked Jun 16 '13, 11:30 p.m.
retagged Jun 18 '13, 10:10 a.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
 Have recently installed RTC 4.0.3 and am using the Clearcase synchroniser to import from a UCM stream. I have selected that I want to import history. After clicking finish in the Import Clearcase Stream wizard (Jazz Source Control Information Page) I get the following error.

Connector algorithm.  The Connector must be properly initialized to function, so further processing is impossible.  Please fix the problem and retry the operation.
CRRTC4061E: The synchronization process cannot be completed. The "cleartool" command completed with a non-zero status or error message:

cleartool describe -fmt %[components]CXp stream:Mainline_integration@vobuuid:276d195a.946311dd.8847.00:02:c4:65:3f:4c
component:InfoCentreWE@\SAFR_PVOB, component:EMQ@\SAFR_PVOB, component:Mainline_base@\SAFR_PVOB, component:WorkbenchEclipse@\SAFR_PVOB, component:PerfEngZ@\SAFR_PVOB, component:PerfEngH@\SAFR_PVOB, component:PerfEngCpp@\SAFR_PVOB, component:WorkbenchVB@\SAFR_PVOB, component:PerfEngMVS@\SAFR_PVOB, component:JavaViewer@\SAFR_PVOB, component:ReportEng@\SAFR_PVOB, component:Utilities@\SAFR_PVOB, component:SAFRViewer@\SAFR_PVOB, component:Build@\SAFR_PVOB, component:Database@\SAFR_PVOB, component:ExecMVS@\SAFR_PVOB, component:StorProc@\SAFR_PVOB
cleartool: Error: Unable to determine absolute pathname for "276d195a.946311dd.8847.00:02:c4:65:3f:4c" - No such file or directory

current working directory: 
command result status: 0
command duration: 467 ms
process environment: 

So I tried the describe command shown above by itself and reproduced the error message. 

Error: Unable to determine absolute pathname for "276d195a.946311dd.8847.00:02:c4:65:3f:4c" - No such file or directory

When I created a dynamic view on the integration stream and then performed the describe from inside the view the error went away.

Z:\SAFRPerfEng>cleartool describe -fmt %[components]CXp stream:Mainline_integration@vobuuid:276d195a.946311dd.8847.00:02:c4:65:3f:4c

component:InfoCentreWE@\SAFR_PVOB, component:EMQ@\SAFR_PVOB, component:Mainline_base@\SAFR_PVOB, component:WorkbenchEclipse@\SAFR_PVOB, component:PerfEngZ@\SAFR_PVOB, component:PerfEngH@\SAFR_PVOB, component:PerfEngCpp@\SAFR_PVOB, component:WorkbenchVB@\SAFR_PVOB, component:PerfEngMVS@\SAFR_PVOB, component:JavaViewer@\SAFR_PVOB, component:ReportEng@\SAFR_PVOB, component:Utilities@\SAFR_PVOB, component:SAFRViewer@\SAFR_PVOB, component:Build@\SAFR_PVOB, component:Database@\SAFR
_PVOB, component:ExecMVS@\SAFR_PVOB, component:StorProc@\SAFR_PVOB

Is it possible there has been a bug introduced in 4.0.3 where its performing a cleartool command that needs a view to work.

Comments
Viktorya Thinman commented Dec 26 '13, 9:16 a.m. | edited Dec 26 '13, 2:46 p.m.

I have RTC 4.0.3 and clearcase 7.1.2 are installed

I receive the same error, Maybe anybody knows how to resolve this error?

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 26 '13, 3:02 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
See work item Import from Clearcase : Unable to determine absolute pathname for vob uuid (269416)
Development was not able to reproduce the problem, so if you have the time, please give  Rational Support a call so they can try to reproduce the problem.  Alternatively, you can use the workaround specified in that work item.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.