It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reports - "info not available"

Jeff Foege (45266960) | asked Oct 04 '11, 5:54 p.m.
retagged Feb 08 '13, 6:00 p.m. by Amy Laird (16514)
I'm trying to figure out why the the open work items by type is displaying strange information. If I edit the parameters of the report I notice that the "info not available" appears in the team area and Iterations. However nothing else is listed in team area but the iterations box lists all the iterations that are defined. Why is "info not available" appearing in the iterations conditions box? If I select it and run the report it says I have around 30+ extra issues.

If I go and create a new report and select Team area as a condition it only lists the team that I created. No "info not available" listed. However I'll had a very hard time trying to find the Iterations condition box as something I can add. I expanded all the other options but never found Iteration. Where does this condition come from so I can add it to a report.

The "info not available" will also appear in the type of defect condition.

Where does the "info not available" come from?I tried to do a search on the forum but that was near impossible to find useful information, which is why I'm making this thread.

2 answers

permanent link
Jeff Foege (45266960) | answered Oct 04 '11, 6:22 p.m.
If I edit the Open workitems by type report, select only the "info not available" in the Team Area, Iteration, type and select nothing in Category the report will say there are 19 items. If I click on the link below the graph that says "Show work items" then I get a list of 120 items. I'm trying to figure out why I'm getting "info not available"

Also I noticed that when I initially go to edit the report I notice that the type condition only lists, issue, task & Info not available. However if I uncheck Current Iteration then all of a sudden I have 5 types listed; defect, issue, story, task and "Info not available" WHY?

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Oct 17 '11, 3:28 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
"Info not available" is the unassigned team area/iteration. If you select it, you will be able to report on work items that do not have a team area/iteration associated. Unfortunately, we cannot change the string because it is defined by Insight.

This has been identified in the following work items:
Defect 154357: Report shows "Info not available" for Iteration
Defect 154355: report shows "Info not available" for Team Area

Comments
Michael Prentice commented Feb 05 '13, 8:45 a.m. | edited Feb 05 '13, 8:51 a.m.

Thank you for this information. It was quite hard to find. The string is very confusing and unhelpful. 

Unfortunately, both of those Work Items were closed as 'Invalid' and the discussion about changing this string to 'Unassigned' seems to have died.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.