It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM 2011 support for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11

Ken Murphy (1033235) | asked Sep 27 '11, 8:45 a.m.
Can the Jazz v3.0.1 tools be installed on the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 operating system. I don't see anything in the system requirements for the Jazz tools about this, but our shop standardized on SUSE SLES 11 about 6 months ago and our server team does not really want to build a server with SUSE SLES 10 on our network.

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Sep 27 '11, 1:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can the Jazz v3.0.1 tools be installed on the SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 operating system. I don't see anything in the system requirements for the Jazz tools about this, but our shop standardized on SUSE SLES 11 about 6 months ago and our server team does not really want to build a server with SUSE SLES 10 on our network.

It is worth trying the install on SLES 11 and see how you get on. An OS not on the support list means that this setup has not been testing on this platform, not that it will not work on that OS.

Perhaps others on the forum may be able to provide more feedback on this

regards

anthony

permanent link
Ken Murphy (1033235) | answered Sep 27 '11, 2:13 p.m.
Thanks, Anthony. Since this post I went digging for more information in jazz.net at the Projects > Collaborative Lifecycle Management project dashboards. From the project plans, it appears that support for SLES 11 is being addressed in FixPack 2 for v3.0.1, which is currently targeted for December 2011.

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k7180136) | answered Sep 27 '11, 2:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Thanks, Anthony. Since this post I went digging for more information in jazz.net at the Projects > Collaborative Lifecycle Management project dashboards. From the project plans, it appears that support for SLES 11 is being addressed in FixPack 2 for v3.0.1, which is currently targeted for December 2011.

No problem - glad you found the info. A search for work items was my next suggestion :-)

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.