It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get a list of work items related to a build

Ricardo Dias (861105) | asked Oct 05 '10, 9:54 a.m.
Hi,

I am trying to get a list of work items associated to a specific build. I need to export that as a pdf or sometype of file so I can use it later.
I read that using queries we cannot list work items from different builds , because I know that using queries we can export that for a file.
Within the Build context do we have a way to list the work items associated to that build and export those in a pdf file?

Thanks,

3 answers

permanent link
Rodolphe Wouters (1111) | answered Oct 07 '10, 9:11 a.m.
Hi,

I am trying to get a list of work items associated to a specific build. I need to export that as a pdf or sometype of file so I can use it later.
I read that using queries we cannot list work items from different builds , because I know that using queries we can export that for a file.
Within the Build context do we have a way to list the work items associated to that build and export those in a pdf file?

Thanks,

Hi

Haven't you tried to use a field to store that build number, add it to the work items you want and make a query based on that field ?

The field containing can be an existing one or one you add when configuring the process
* you may use the release field (on the eclipse client -> Team organisation tab -> Process Configuration -> Last tab "Releases").
* you may use work item categories and the "Filed against" field (you would define a category "Application name" and subcategories with the version number for instance).
* you may add an attribute "build number" (on the eclipse client -> Team organisation tab -> Process Configuration -> Configuration data -> Work items -> Types and attributes -> Custom attributes).

Writing the query then is easy.

permanent link
Rodolphe Wouters (1111) | answered Oct 07 '10, 9:12 a.m.
Also, all queries may be exported in csv and/or printed

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Oct 14 '10, 12:14 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
How about:
- open the build result
- click the Work Items link (in the Contribution Summary section)
- in the Work Items view, select all and choose Copy ID and Summary
- paste into a word doc or whatever

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.