It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can we restrict access at the Master Test Plan level?

Simon Norrington (311109) | asked Sep 23 '11, 1:27 a.m.
I am working with a customer who has created a number of master test plans. The way the test plans have been created is that there is a Global Core master test plans and master test plans for individual countries eg Ireland, Turkey etc.

The customer would like to lock down the master test plans so that only Turkey users can only see child test plans linked to the Turkey Master test plan. Same thing for the Ireland test plan.

However, Global users should be able to see all master test plans and child test plans.

I have had a look at the permissions in RQM and I don't think what the customer is asking for is possible, but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

I suggested making the country or global the RQM project but the customer has rejected this because it would mean multiple country RQM projects for the same product and make sharing test assets more difficult.

Any sugggestions?

One answer

permanent link
Pramod Chandoria (2.1k11220) | answered Jun 11 '12, 9:22 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Simon,
Curretly RQM does not resting on read access. Once you have permission to log into a project area you can view all artifacts. Permission only controls what you can create/modify/execute etc..

RQM 4.0 provides support for linking artifacts (Test plan, Testcase etc..) to be associated with Team Area.
This can allow ownership for team area (Turkey Team, Ireland team etc..). So if test plan belongs to Turkey team area they can define process for turkey team area which at max can restrict no user other then Turkey Team, can make any kind of change of artifacts. However hiding of artifact is not supported.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.