It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM and RFT integration

DJ Jutla (643) | asked Jul 21 '10, 5:57 a.m.
Hi,

We are currently evaluating RQM, we had it integrated with RFT and it was working fine (RQMv201 and RFTV8111), after the update to RQM v201 iFix 3, the integration is no longer working, when the customer attempts to run an RFT from RQM, we receive an error:

TypeError: com.ibm.rqm.adapter.rft.web.ui.internal.view.execution.

I stopped and started all adapters and now receive:

Exception while trying to run the script.

Thanks
DJ Jutla

6 answers

permanent link
Vaibhav Srivastava (2861) | answered Jul 28 '10, 2:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

We are currently evaluating RQM, we had it integrated with RFT and it was working fine (RQMv201 and RFTV8111), after the update to RQM v201 iFix 3, the integration is no longer working, when the customer attempts to run an RFT from RQM, we receive an error:

Thanks
DJ Jutla

Hi,
From the message, it seems like your Functional test script is not build yet and you are trying to execute it from RQM. I remember there was a similar workitem sometime back. Will find those details and update here.

For this case, have you run this script before using RFT v8111? If not, quick solution could be that you run the RFT script atleast once before executing from RQM.
Hope this helps
Vaibhav

permanent link
DJ Jutla (643) | answered Jul 28 '10, 6:21 a.m.
Hi,

Thanks
DJ Jutla

Hi,
From the message, it seems like your Functional test script is not build yet and you are trying to execute it from RQM. I remember there was a similar workitem sometime back. Will find those details and update here.

For this case, have you run this script before using RFT v8111? If not, quick solution could be that you run the RFT script atleast once before executing from RQM.
Hope this helps
Vaibhav

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Interestingly the script executed in RFT alone and I was not able to find the exact issue causing this. We use ClearCase as the storage location, and re-creating the view together with removing the adapters and re-adding them in RQM seemed to resolve the problem.

Thanks for your suggestion.
DJ

permanent link
Leandro David (721719) | answered Aug 12 '10, 7:29 p.m.
Hi,

Is it possible to have more than one RFT Adapter in the same machine receiving different requests from RQM?

I use the same machine to run RFT scripts in paralell using different windows sessions (and using STAF in a different ports/session to start the scripts)

But if I start RFT adapter in two or more different user sessions in windows, I don't know wich one will receive the requests from RQM.

Is there a way to diferenciate multiple instances of RFT adapter running in the same machine ?

permanent link
Kevin Liu (1111) | answered Apr 25 '11, 4:38 p.m.
Hi All,

We are trying to integrate our existing RFT scripts into RQM. Most of our scripts need to call an external jar file. When we run the scripts on the local machine, we can setup the "Java Build Path" to pick up the jar file. When I run these scripts through RQM, it gave me "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError". Does anyone know how to import the jar file into RQM? or have similar experience before?

We use RFT 8.1.1 and RQM 2.01 iFix5.

Thank you very much.

Kevin Liu

permanent link
Kurtis Martin (1.4k11) | answered Apr 26 '11, 8:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi All,

We are trying to integrate our existing RFT scripts into RQM. Most of our scripts need to call an external jar file. When we run the scripts on the local machine, we can setup the "Java Build Path" to pick up the jar file. When I run these scripts through RQM, it gave me "java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError". Does anyone know how to import the jar file into RQM? or have similar experience before?

Thank you very much.

Kevin Liu

Are you running from an RQM shared location? This link thread seems related and worked for someone else facing NoClassDefFoundError:

http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=46848#46848

permanent link
Kevin Liu (1111) | answered Apr 26 '11, 10:44 a.m.
Hi All,

Thank you very much.

Kevin Liu

Are you running from an RQM shared location? This link thread seems related and worked for someone else facing NoClassDefFoundError:

http://jazz.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=46848#46848

Thank you very much! It solved my problem.

Kevin

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.