It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Enable JavaScript in BIRT report viewer

Steven Melcher (6012831) | asked Sep 21 '11, 3:24 p.m.
I have a BIRT report in RTC 2.0.0.2 that uses some client-side JavaScript.

When I preview the report in the Report Designer, the JavaScript works properly. Yet when I add the report as a template and open it in Eclipse none of the client JavaScript works.

Adding the report to My Favorites and opening the report in Internet Explorer 9 has the same issue, but I can copy the URL and the report works in Firefox as long as JavaScript is enabled.

Is there a setting to enable JavaScript in the BIRT report viewer in Eclipse?

2 answers

permanent link
Steven Melcher (6012831) | answered Sep 22 '11, 9:48 a.m.
I turned on the Developer Tools in IE9 and started debugging. Whenever I click on anything that has an onclick property causes and error.

It is a SCRIPT5007 error where it says that the JavaScript method being called is null or not defined

"SCRIPT5007: The value of the property 'hello' is null or undefined, not a Function object "

I made a simple HTML file that has an identical JavaScript function and a button that calls it when clicked, and it works in IE9.

Something must happen to the HTML/JavaScript in the BIRT report because the same code and button do not work in IE or the report viewer; They only work in the report preview and in Firefox.

permanent link
Ahmed Omair (41134) | answered Jan 28 '19, 9:11 a.m.

Any solution found to this?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.