It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CQ Connector failing to recognize Project Area in RTC 1.0

Shelby Phillips (29624621) | asked Jun 27 '08, 1:49 p.m.
I have just upgraded to RTC 1.0 in an environment that had the CQ connector synching correctly in RC5. The following error is generated in the CQ Connector when making a CQ change with an incoming only rule:

27 Jun 2008 12:45:23,115 ERROR com.ibm.rational.interop.lev
el1 - Problem processing change event record, skipped
com.ibm.team.interop.service.managers.clearquest.common.InteropException: No ava
ilable Jazz server for project area _1lAoMSwMEd2jsvgcVLNg7g
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.getJazz
GatewayForProjectAreaId(CQInteropPollingManager.java:483)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.CQInteropPollingManager.synchro
nizeIncoming(CQInteropPollingManager.java:629)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.pollingIn
coming(PollingThread.java:48)
at com.ibm.rational.connector.cq.gateway.polling.PollingThread.run(Polli
ngThread.java:31)

8 answers

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 27 '08, 2:37 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I suggest viewing the gateway status page in a web browser (that is, open the URL http://hostname:8081/InteropGateway in a browser, where "hostname" is replaced by your CQ gateway host name). Then you can see whether the project areas and Jazz servers known to the CQ gateway are what you expect them to be.

John
Jazz CQ Connector Team

permanent link
Shelby Phillips (29624621) | answered Jun 27 '08, 2:41 p.m.
I suggest viewing the gateway status page in a web browser (that is, open the URL http://hostname:8081/InteropGateway in a browser, where "hostname" is replaced by your CQ gateway host name). Then you can see whether the project areas and Jazz servers known to the CQ gateway are what you expect them to be.

John
Jazz CQ Connector Team

When I load this page, I see the following:

Jazz Team Servers:
URI: https://localhost:9443/jazz
Project Area: RTC Beta3 Demo
No records will be synced to this project area because it does not appear as a folder in the CQ workspace under the Public Queries/JazzConnector folder

However, the Project Area I am working with is called "ADT Jazz Project". The external repository I have created is also pointing to this project area.

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 27 '08, 4:59 p.m.

When I load this page, I see the following:

Jazz Team Servers:
URI: https://localhost:9443/jazz
Project Area: RTC Beta3 Demo
No records will be synced to this project area because it does not appear as a folder in the CQ workspace under the Public Queries/JazzConnector folder

However, the Project Area I am working with is called "ADT Jazz Project". The external repository I have created is also pointing to this project area.

The status page is telling you that it found a project area named "RTC Beta3 Demo" on your server that contains synchronization rules, but you do not have that project area enabled for synchronization in CQ. You enable a project area by creating a folder with the same name as the project area in the CQ query tree under the root folder that you've designated (in this case, under "Public Queries/JazzConnector").

So it appears that you have no synchronization rules in a project area named "ADT Jazz Project". And if that's the project area you want to sync to, then you would also need a folder by that name under the JazzConnector folder, which is under Public Queries.

John
Jazz CQ Connector Team

permanent link
Shelby Phillips (29624621) | answered Jun 27 '08, 5:11 p.m.

So it appears that you have no synchronization rules in a project area named "ADT Jazz Project". And if that's the project area you want to sync to, then you would also need a folder by that name under the JazzConnector folder, which is under Public Queries.

John
Jazz CQ Connector Team

John - We have both configuration rules and a folder under Public Queries > JazzConnector.

permanent link
John Vasta (2.6k15) | answered Jun 29 '08, 9:10 a.m.

John
Jazz CQ Connector Team

John - We have both configuration rules and a folder under Public Queries > JazzConnector.

Is it possible that you have more than one Jazz server? You have the CQ gateway configured to connect to a Jazz server that is running on the same machine as the gateway (since the server URL has the host name "localhost"). Is that the server you're looking at? If so, does it have a project area named "RTC Beta3 Demo"? If so, are there synchronization rules under that project area in the Synchronization Rules view?

John
Jazz CQ Connector Team

permanent link
Shelby Phillips (29624621) | answered Jun 30 '08, 10:06 a.m.
There should be only one JAZZ server installed. There was an RC5 installation previously, but this was uninstalled, and 1.0 was installed as a clean install.

We are using the same DB instance as the RC5 installation.

There is indeed another project area called "RTC Beta3 Demo" (created with the RC5 installation) that had synchronization rules previously. I deleted them since there were naming conflicts between the synch rules.

permanent link
Richard Piazza (381) | answered Jun 30 '08, 11:47 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Make sure that there are no sync rules left in the project area
RTC Beta3 Demo. Otherwise, the gateway will try to find a query folder for the project area.

Rich Piazza
Jazz CQ Connector team

permanent link
Shelby Phillips (29624621) | answered Jun 30 '08, 11:54 a.m.
Make sure that there are no sync rules left in the project area
RTC Beta3 Demo. Otherwise, the gateway will try to find a query folder for the project area.

Rich Piazza
Jazz CQ Connector team

Upon removal of the Synch Rules from "RTC Beta3 Demo", the connector recognized "ADT Jazz Project" successfully.

Thanks everyone.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.