It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Buildforge - RTC

Jan Van de Poel (2413216) | asked Oct 22 '09, 3:09 p.m.
In RTC 1.0 there is/was an option to select buildforge as a build tool. In RTC 2.0 I don't seem the same option, nor appears there to be any documentation on this...

Is the integration possible?

Thanks!

4 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Oct 23 '09, 11:39 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The Build Forge support wasn't built into RTC 1.0, but there was an integration provided by Build Forge (as described in this blog post: http://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2008/12/15/ibm-rational-build-forge-integration-is-now-available/).

I believe the latest version of Build Forge, 7.1.1.2 (slated for the end of October) has support for RTC 2.0. I'll ask a BF person to follow up here.

permanent link
Peter Birk (501145) | answered Oct 23 '09, 4:19 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Nick is correct. The Build Forge RTC plugin for RTC 2.0, included in the Build Forge image under webroot/public/rtc2(Eclipse plugin for the RTC 2.0 client) and webroot/public/rtc2-server (RTC 2.0 server component), will be available when Build Forge 7.1.1.2 comes out shortly. If you cannot wait until then, you should be able to get a pre-release copy of it by opening a PMR and asking for it. If you can wait, the version that is being release in 7.1.1.2 will have a couple of additional features that you may want, including adding step logs and custom BOM information to the RTC build result and improved handling of environments.

Regards,
Peter Birk

In RTC 1.0 there is/was an option to select buildforge as a build tool. In RTC 2.0 I don't seem the same option, nor appears there to be any documentation on this...

Is the integration possible?

Thanks!

permanent link
Jan Van de Poel (2413216) | answered Oct 24 '09, 5:50 a.m.
Thank you for the information!

Jan

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Oct 27 '09, 10:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
We have a large client who is looking to replace most of its SCM tools with RTC. They want a single repository which includes zOS.
We need certain functionality that Buildforge has and dont want to install build forge separately. What features of BuildForge are not in the Build Forge plug-in?

Since you mentioned z/OS you should take a look at the RTCz product. This provides support to run the RTCz server additionally on either z/OS or zLinux and to use DB2 for z/OS as the backing database. RTCz also ships with the full set of Build Forge Agents integrated into the product (now called Rational Build Agent within RTCz) and an extension to the jazz build server so that you can natively talk to these agents.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.