It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Operation Participant is not showing in the follow-up actions of project area

Ahmed Ahmed (48832) | asked Dec 05 '15, 4:21 a.m.

Hi,

I have created a followup action for save workitem. Before deploying, i tested the said participant on Jetty Server and it is working fine. On Jetty server my new followup action is showing in the process configuration for the save workitem. When i deployed the said participant on tomcat server, it is not showing in the followup actions. However, in component status i can see my component which i have deployed. Kindly guide me on this issue?

I was following IBM RTC Extensibility Lab Exercises for creating this participant.

Comments
sam detweiler commented Dec 05 '15, 7:51 a.m.

and you told the server to reload extensions?

http://server/ccm/admin/cmd/requestReset

before restarting the server.

Ahmed Ahmed commented Dec 05 '15, 8:35 a.m.

Thanks Sam. But i have already performed this operation before restarting the server. But still the result is same.

sam detweiler commented Dec 05 '15, 8:52 a.m.

is this via the web or Eclipse?  if Eclipse, also restart eclipse.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Dec 05 '15, 7:25 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This happens usually due to an error when deploying the extension. I have seen many errors. Client API in the dependencies, wrong provision profiles, deploed against the wrong server. Look into the ccm.log for traces of the deployment. Without more data, this is impossible to debug from here.
Ahmed Ahmed selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ahmed Ahmed commented Dec 06 '15, 1:29 a.m.

Thanks Ralph. The issue has been resolved. I have some missing dependencies in my extension and due to this i was facing the error. Thanks for your support and guidance.

sam detweiler commented Dec 06 '15, 6:30 a.m.

for others help, how did it work under Jetty?

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 07 '15, 1:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can have client API as dependencies since the server and client API is not separated. This works on the Jetty server, because the APIs are all available there. But it does not work if deployed.

sam detweiler commented Dec 07 '15, 10:18 a.m.

ok.. glad I don't use Jetty then.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.